Talk

Advanced search

1 year olds first birthday party

(5 Posts)
HerHonesty Fri 14-Aug-09 14:23:33

in october. thinking of hiring some soft play centre stuff and a large ball pit. any other ideas?

also timing? 2.30-5 sound ok?

and food? just stuff for grown ups and of course dd's cake? or little snackletts for little ones?

will be october so outside stuff probably a bit of a risk?

gingernutlover Fri 14-Aug-09 16:13:22

on her first my dd had 3-4 little friends round to play and had finger food, i would imagine thye would enjoy just playing with the toys at your house unless there are much older children coming.

I personally would go for 2 hours, it can all get a bit much for them and the shorter the better

We did a pass the parcel game at dd's 1st and all us mums enjoyed it! grin

HerHonesty Fri 14-Aug-09 17:20:55

well have at least 10 1's and unders and similar number of 1-6's... anyone else, any ideas

nappyaddict Fri 14-Aug-09 17:57:12

I would just go to the park or have a party at home/in the garden.

raffyandted Sat 22-Aug-09 13:39:19

Definately just keep it short & simple so you don't give yourself too much to do & get all stressed. Wouldn't bother with hiring equipment unless you've got a big enough house, the babies don't know they're at a party so it's more a simple get-together to mark the day.

Maximum 2 hours (in my experience any longer & the babies start getting fretful, not to mention us mums trying to cope with grumpy baby!)
Not too many people/babies, provide nibbles/easy snacks & drinks for the adults and snacklets for the babies.

Personally I wouldn't bother with games unless you secretly WANT to do them yourself grin
Definitely DON'T plan an outside party in October! If you keep it small & simple, if the weater is nice on the day you can just move it into the garden then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now