Talk

Advanced search

halloween party for 5 year olds

(6 Posts)
montymoo Sun 09-Aug-09 16:15:48

I know it's ages away yet, but I have promised DD age 5 that she can have some friends round for a halloween party (mainly to avoid them going trick or treating!). I am racking my brains for some suitable games to play, as a lot of the ones I can think of with a halloween theme will give them nightmares. I don't think that would go down too well with the other parents! Any ideas for age suitable activities?

bluejeans Sun 09-Aug-09 16:18:48

scones dipped in syrup hanging from ceiling, sweets buried in flour, dooking for apples...Nigella has some ghastly recipes in one of her books but maybe a bit gruesome for 5yos

bluejeans Sun 09-Aug-09 19:03:26

Halloween at Lakeland

niche Tue 11-Aug-09 21:59:04

Spooky pictures to colour in, Pin the nose on the witch, Face painting/tattoos, apple bobbing, putting your hand into a slime bucket to see what you can identify, trying to pick out a sweet with your teeth from a tray filled with flour (dd1 managed to do it without a dot of flour on her, other dcs went around looking like they'd seen a ghost) any of those do? grin

Can't wait for Halloween, dh and I will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary on it this year.

liliputlady Wed 12-Aug-09 13:49:46

A Halloween themed pass the parcel with spooky sweets, stickers or forfeits.

A witch/ghost story.

A witch/ghost dvd if you need a rest at the end.

Musical bumps etc to appropriate music (all I can think of is "Ghostbusters" at the moment!)

stealthsquiggle Wed 12-Aug-09 13:55:56

Standard party games with a slight halloween twist (like suitable music) - apple bobbing, all the stuff niche said which all sounds good.

Be a bit careful though - DS went to a halloween party and they had someone dressed as the invisible man (bandages + hat) opening the door and saying 'boo' to the DC as they arrived. One little boy had complete hysterics and ended up having to be taken straight home again sad - quite a few others were scared too - and they were mostly 6 or 7...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now