Talk

Advanced search

is this a really bad idea for a party?

(11 Posts)
gingernutlover Sat 08-Aug-09 15:57:58

dd is 4 next month and we would like her to have a party with some friends from nursery and also other friends we know

was considering hiring a hall near us and having a variety activities set out round the room eg biscuit decorating, skittles, face painting, lego, pin the tail on the donkey etc etc rather than having orgainised games.

was going to have this set up as children come in followed by picnic lunch followed by simple games like pass the parcel

am i setting myself up for failure?

flatcapandpearls Sat 08-Aug-09 15:59:52

That is how we used to do dd parties and they always went down very well.

franklymydear Sat 08-Aug-09 16:00:28

nope sounds fine

but rather than organising games after lunch let them run around and play

I suggest some music, a bubble machine and some big toys

YouLukaAmazing Sat 08-Aug-09 16:00:46

Message withdrawn

cornsillk Sat 08-Aug-09 16:03:33

they will love it!

gingernutlover Sat 08-Aug-09 16:28:21

oooh yes, the big toys is a good idea, i work in a school so could probably borrown space hoppers, stilts, hula hoops etc

having been today and seen an entertainer, i was worried all the other parents would think it was a cheapskate party grin

most of the guests would be 4 ish, with a couple older and a couple younger, boys and girls. I am very aware that the 4 year olds will not enjpoy games where people are "got out" or "lose" pmsl

flatcapandpearls, what type of activities did you have?

gingernutlover Sat 08-Aug-09 16:29:25

in fact, do i need a hall?

we have a medium size garden and a large dining room through to conservatory which can be virtually emptied

cornsillk Sat 08-Aug-09 17:03:25

It might rain!

gingernutlover Sat 08-Aug-09 17:32:20

ah yes, hall it is then, wonder how much they cost?

plus hall easy to sweep clean, my lovely new wooden floor might get knackered if they are all inside from the rain

cornsillk Sat 08-Aug-09 17:51:34

Church halls are usually fairly reasonable I think - you've already got the entertainer which is the main expense. Plus you have an excuse to tell people it's time to go!

gingernutlover Mon 10-Aug-09 10:45:54

well now she says she doesnt want to have the party in a hall, she wants it here and she can only name about 4 friends from nursery so thinking that might be okay to have at our house

thanks for the pointers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now