Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Scarecrow Party for 3 year olds

(11 Posts)
FimbleHobbs Thu 06-Aug-09 13:41:19

DD's party theme has changed from Princesses (bleurgh) - its now Scarecrows (yippee) so being a pushy feminist mum I am going to print invitations before she gets a chance to change her mind back....

Does anyone have any ideas for what to do, eat and party bag at a scarecrow party?

Fancy dress will be optional, and I thought they could make/colour some small scarecrows.
Food wise I guess the usual party food with some cow/hen/farmyard animal shaped biscuits, and a scarecrow cake.

Would welcome inspiration and any ideas please!

Iklboo Thu 06-Aug-09 13:45:28

Hide pics of crows around the house as a 'treasure hunt' type game

Mini corn cobs on the food wink

Musical 'scarecrows' rather than statues

weegiemum Thu 06-Aug-09 13:47:45

"What's the time, Mr(s) Scarecrow?"

FimbleHobbs Thu 06-Aug-09 17:20:46

Brilliant ideas, thank you smile

liliputlady Thu 06-Aug-09 23:07:00

Shops like Poundland sometimes sell cheap scarecrows - you could have a "Name the Scarecrow" competition - pull the winning name out of the hat.

Also, isn't there a pre-school song "I'm a dingle dangle scarecrow with a flippy floppy hat..."

liliputlady Thu 06-Aug-09 23:10:24

If you have plenty of adult help, children could make own scarecrows to take home using a wooden spoon. Spoon bit is the head obviously, stick on a piece of card in the shape of body arms and legs. That can be coloured or have bits of material, straw etc stuck on it. Have fun!

paisleyleaf Thu 06-Aug-09 23:11:11

Just yesterday there was a party games thread
someone had a great game....teddy bear pants.
Could be altered for scarecrow
scarecrow hat?

FimbleHobbs Mon 10-Aug-09 20:58:08

Ooh thanks again, I was thinking of a 'make a scarecrow' activity but hadn't figured out how to do it - wooden spoons is PERFECT!

And I love Teddy's Pants - have seen similar done with pirates but no pants involved. Think I will do this as Scarecrows Pants - all kids love pants don't they. (wonders how cheap it would be to hire Pantsman from the apprentice)

So how does this sound for a 2 hour party?

ARRIVE/ FREE PLAY - make a scarecrow /farmyard colouring / play with balloons/cling shyly to parent (30 minutes)

ORGANISED GAMES - Bird Treasure Hunt, Scarecrows Pants, Pass the parcel
(30 minutes)

FOOD (30 minutes)

DANCING - Musical scarecrows, dingle dangle scarecrow, erm Lazy Scarecrows (30 minutes)
and go home

I am so much more excited about this than my 3 year old is. I am so sad!

FimbleHobbs Mon 10-Aug-09 20:59:23

Oh and I will check if they play Whats The Time... at nursery and include it if they do (always think its easiest to do games they know already where poss)

liliputlady Wed 12-Aug-09 10:10:13

Sounds wonderful - have fun!!!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 12-Aug-09 10:32:52

With the organised games and activities do be aware that they can get through them scarily fast at that age! Have lots of back up plans like a story to read them if they get over hyped and ermmm about twice as many games and prizes as you think you will need. And lots of consolation prizes, its not the time to teach them about good manners and being a fair loser, just bribe them with prizes!

I love doing kids parties but the first one was a bit of an eye opener!

And check that there are no non-cheese-pork-squash-food-colouring-eaters who doesnt like crisps. Esp challenging when your own child is allergic to fish and eggs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now