Talk

Advanced search

Party games suitable for 4 year olds?

(8 Posts)
moodywren Wed 05-Aug-09 22:10:35

Does anyone know any simple party games for 4 year olds to play? I am having a party for my son tomorrow and can only think of musical chairs, pass the parcel, sleeping lions and musical statues.

happyflower Wed 05-Aug-09 22:28:51

The key for young children seems to be that you don't want games where there are 'winners' and 'losers'. So if there has to be a prize, make sure everyone gets a prize (eg, we played musical bumps, but instead of the slowest person being out we gave a sticker to the first to sit down. No one was 'out' and since I was the judge I could ensure that everyone was the 'fastest' at least once so everyone got a sticker.). Also pass the parcel is fun, but at the end, instead of one prize, I put in lots of little (identical) prizes (whistles/chocolates). Much more fun than one person winning.

Also activities are good - making things like party hats is a good way to keep them busy, but probably better for girls than boys.

VinoEsmeralda Wed 05-Aug-09 22:31:46

Apple bobbing strangely was very popular at DS 4th b'day party.

Pin the tail on a donkey. Sink or float game - have a large bath or swimming pool and have lots of toys and ask them to pick one they think will float and ask why... Same again for one that will sink...

Decorate biscuits

Merrylegs Wed 05-Aug-09 22:44:23

Teddy's Pants.

Get a teddy. Get four different coloured pants. Draw corresponding coloured pants and stick the drawings in each corner of room.

Play music.

Kids dance.

When music stops, kids have to decide which pants they think teddy will be wearing and go to the appropriate corner.

Teddy comes into room wearing..... Blue pants! Yay for all the kids in the blue corner who get sticker/sweet/a cheer/...

Teddy goes out of room again. Music starts. Kids dance. Music stops. Which pants will teddy be wearing this time? Choose your corner. Teddy comes into room wearing ..... red pants! Yay for all the kids in the red corner.

Repeat.

Lots.

paisleyleaf Wed 05-Aug-09 23:02:50

I'm storing 'teddybear pants' myself.....fab! grin

I was thinking of that one with 2 teams (if there's enough children) and they pass the balloon over the head/between the legs back along the line. Sit down when done....first team sat down are the winners.

gingernutlover Sat 08-Aug-09 15:53:41

oooh so glad i saw this cos its dd's 4th birthday next month and i am wondering what to do.

we went to her friends party today which was an entertainer in a hall - was very good but dont think everyone will want a repeat 4 weeks later!

any other ideas? Like the pants one LOL

giggly Mon 10-Aug-09 23:10:41

moodywren what is sleeping lions?

gingernutlover Tue 11-Aug-09 07:31:26

sleeping lions, you count down from 5, they all lay on the floor very very still and if anyone moves they are out.

My favourite party game grin can last ages depending on age of children/ability to stay still.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now