Talk

Advanced search

I need to get 2YO DD looking like a Pirate for a party but I have no money and am too busy to have an imagination can anyone help?

(7 Posts)
CrushWithEyeliner Wed 29-Jul-09 19:12:30

All I see are expensive dress up kits which she will never use again; how can I make her look the part?

wahwahwah Wed 29-Jul-09 19:19:23

Stripey top, black trousers (scarf at waist), barefoot. Eyebrow pencil moustache optional (I did see it was a girl!)

gingertoo Wed 29-Jul-09 19:22:36

Do you have any trousers that she's grown out of that you can cut into zigzags across the bottom? Stripy (or plain) T-shirt. Scarf or tie wrapped around waist. Any bit of cloth for bandana. Use eyeliner to draw on a moustach!

That's what I'd do anyway - good luck

janeite Wed 29-Jul-09 19:22:57

Has she got a pair of jeans? If yes, roll them up to three quarter length. Stripey t-shirt, or plain black or red t-shirt. Scarf at waist or as a bandana.

allaboutme Wed 29-Jul-09 19:26:15

I did this on the cheap for DS (3) for a party last week.

he wore denim long shorts, a black and white stripy T shirt (I bought a set of 2 T shirts from Primark for £2.50). I cut up the 2nd T shirt, which was plain black, to make a bandana.
Then I used my eyeliner to draw him an eye patch and some stubble!

Whole pirate outfit for £2.50!

gingertoo Wed 29-Jul-09 19:26:19

<ginger smacks forehead>
Didn't think of rolling up jeans instead of hacking the bottoms off grin

CrushWithEyeliner Wed 29-Jul-09 20:59:41

Thank you all so much - have loads of ideas now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now