Talk

Advanced search

to party bag or not to party bag, that is the question

(7 Posts)
misshardbroom Mon 27-Jul-09 16:09:37

DD is going to be 6 on her birthday and I'm taking her & 6 friends from school to Pizza Express for pizza making. (They get to 'design' their own pizza and then all sit round and eat it, thinking that they're It because they're in a 'restaurant', then they have pudding & go home).

I suspect that at 6 (and most of her friends are still 5) they will be hardwired to expect a party bag, yes?

And what could go in it? I was wondering about being very minimalist and going for a slice of cake and a single, food-related gift, e.g. a cookie cutter in their initial?

Is this poncetastic and would they be better with a bucketload of cheap sweets and plastic tat like usual?

And assuming it's not poncetastic, can you think of any other appropriate gift other than the cookie cutter?

slug Mon 27-Jul-09 16:43:47

5 and 6 year olds love cheap tat. Get thee to the pound shop woman.

(P.S. DD went to a Pizza Express party at that age and loved it. Good choice)

notsoteenagemum Mon 27-Jul-09 16:57:20

Personally I love the idea of poncetastic party bags, but my dc are not of the same persuasionsad
DD's this year was tres ponce, an organic cotton tote bag which I had fabric painted their name on containing a recycled pad of paper, susutainable wooden colouring pencils and homemade cookies in the shape of music notes- then I caved and bought glittery plastic microphones and inflatable guitarsgrin

I was thinking of doing the pizza express thing for ds but not sure if other boys would appreciate though, but it is freewink so they may have to put up with it.

misshardbroom Mon 27-Jul-09 17:02:07

how are you getting pizza express for free?!? tell me the secret password!

notsoteenagemum Mon 27-Jul-09 17:27:08

Its de de de deeerr Fanjo Bumsex grin

Honestly though, I thought it was free for all. It's the saturday morning kids club thing, its only between 10 and 11.

misshardbroom Mon 27-Jul-09 17:40:06

I might start an insidious whispering campaign that if you go into Pizza Express and say 'hello, we'd like the fanjo bumsex' they give you free pizza. Would be worth getting a waitressing job just to witness it.

Think the freebie stuff must vary by branch though, ours does children's parties at £9.95 a head Mon - Thurs and nothing at weekends.

notsoteenagemum Mon 27-Jul-09 19:48:50

grinDo it misshardbroom

I have since learned the free thing is for a year only and funded by the council to promote a new shopping centre or you could just ask for a large fanjo bumsex.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now