Talk

Advanced search

what to do for a toddlers birthday? he will be 2

(9 Posts)
leeanne1407 Thu 23-Jul-09 15:37:21

hes not intrested in other kids at all, if he was in a room with 10 other kids and 1 adult i guarentee he will be standing next to the adult, i feel sorry for him and wish he would interact a bit more with other kids, but im at my wits ends on what to do for his birthday im not having a party because i dont think he would be intrested in that, i take him to soft play all the time so want to try something different any ideas? i had him at the zoo last month to but he wasnt the slightest bit intrested in that either

MaybeAfterBreakfast Thu 23-Jul-09 15:53:14

Do you have to do anything? I'd enjoy not doing the whole party thing for as long as posssible.

If you want to mark the occasion how about a small lunch, BBQ or picnic with family?

Sunshinemummy Thu 23-Jul-09 15:55:28

DS is 3 so a little older but for his birthday this year we spent the day doing things he would like. We started off seeing the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum, then we went to Hamleys and he was allowed to choose some presents, we then went to Rainforest Cafe for lunch and finally went to a local playground for a while.

bubblagirl Thu 23-Jul-09 16:01:25

we do family tea at home or bbq he gets all attention from grandparents etc presents cake his 4 and for next birthday depending how he interacts with others we'll do his first party

leeanne1407 Thu 23-Jul-09 16:06:12

we dont have a garden so bbq is out the question and my house is so small u can bearly swing a cat let alone family lol

januarysnowdrop Thu 23-Jul-09 16:06:43

You're definitely right not to do a party if he wouldn't enjoy it - it's completely normal for 2 year olds not to be the slightest bit interested in other kids. We had a family party (almost all grown ups, plus a couple of primary school aged cousins) for dd1 when she was 2 and she loved it & was talking about it for ages afterwards. We didn't do anything special, just lunch (plus presents & cake for her, obviously), but it was all of her favourite adults in the same room at the same time which she thought was fabulous. Keep it low key - if his favourite thing at the moment is going to the playground, take him there! It doesn't have to be anything spectacular - he won't care in the least.

MaybeAfterBreakfast Thu 23-Jul-09 16:08:28

Do it at grandparents house? Picnic in local park?

2yo won't understand anyway. It is more for the adults/older siblings at that age, imo.

HensMum Thu 23-Jul-09 16:09:24

Can you have tea at a grandparents or friends house? Or invite everyone out for lunch somewhere?

TutTutter Thu 23-Jul-09 16:09:43

do as little as you can get away with, for as long as you can get away with is

is my philosophy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now