Talk

Advanced search

Short notice birthday celebration?

(2 Posts)
Madsometimes Wed 22-Jul-09 13:13:15

dd2's birthday party was a non-event because of a swine flu panic. I booked it after school last week, but so many children were sent home sick from school that day, that when I collected dd2 there were only 10 out of 30 children remaining in class. Then the remaining ones fell sick in the early afternoon, so no-one came. All of the dc had fevers but not with cough and headache, so it must have been a very contagious summer bug and not SF. The party was at a play centre and shared with other children from another school so thankfully I was not left with mountains of food.

I was thinking of doing a small (8 children) birthday tea on her actual birthday, which is in two days time. I am going to ask friends who very kindly gave her a present anyway to come and join us at home for a slice of birthday cake.

Am I mad to even be considering this?

Madsometimes Wed 22-Jul-09 13:14:53

and what am I going to do with 8 children for 2 hours! She is going to be 6. I hope that the parents stay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now