Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas for a 10 year old birthday celebration/party?

(6 Posts)
TheProfiteroleThief Mon 20-Jul-09 18:50:04

Looking for inspiration. In the past we have done themed parties, discos, cinema outings etc.

I'm not one of those mummies looking to impress others, but would love some interesting ideas. I'm quite happy for a small gathering to do something interesting but as will be winter party, outdoors starts to get a bit limited.

I know this sounds madly early, but trying to get creative juices going as I know stuff gets booked up as her birthday is in half term.

Plus we have to take the two younger dds along! And I cannot find theatre listings that are confirmed yet - i thought a theatre visit might be fun!

ANy suggestions v welcome!

LaurieFairyCake Mon 20-Jul-09 18:52:34

Where do you live?

They have opened a Snowcentre in Hemel Hempstead and they do snow parties (Ringos, where they go on the slopes on a rubber ring).

10 kids plus food (pizza and chips, macaroni cheese etc etc) for £195 (includes party room for your party, ballons, squash on the table, food, and an hour on the slopes plus all equipment)

DD loved it for her 11th.

bigTillyMint Mon 20-Jul-09 18:56:01

My DD has just had an ice-skating party for her 10th and they all loved it grin Have you got a rink nearby, or will there be a winter one open?

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 20-Jul-09 18:56:24

We are in Kent. We have a faux ski slope though - so good idea!

Do you think 10yo could cope with murder mystery dinner type thing?

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 20-Jul-09 18:57:52

we did skating last year! was big success (apart from one broken limbblush)

liliputlady Mon 20-Jul-09 23:42:43

I went along with a friend as an extra helper to her 11yr old dd's party at the local theatre to an Abba tribute night. It was Fab!!!!! Think the kids liked it! Seriously they danced all night, was their first experience of a "concert".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now