Talk

Advanced search

Good ideas for a 1st birthday present?

(8 Posts)
blondissimo Tue 14-Jul-09 07:18:27

It's our ds's birthday tomorrow and we are planning to go out shopping to buy it tomorrow too, but have no idea what to get him - would spend up to £100 max.
Also a friend's dd is 1 soon so need to get her something too - around £15-£20.
All suggestions welcome - thanks!

littleboyblue Tue 14-Jul-09 07:24:34

Hi. Last year my ds1 had his first birthday. We got him a Thomas the Tank Engine play tent with some balls like you get in the ball pits, we got him a one seat see-saw thing, and a ride/push along car thingy.
A friend of my parents got him a mirror for in the bath. He loved it! Was by far the best pressie he had. He really found it funny looking in it when he was covered in suds and kissing himself.

blondissimo Tue 14-Jul-09 07:26:47

Aw cute! Thanks they sound like great ideas - think he would love something for the garden like a swing.

littlelamb Tue 14-Jul-09 07:42:00

HOnstly, the best thing my ds got for his birthday last month was a helium balloon grin It was more than a month ago and he still carts it around all day, every day. Failing that, maybe an old fashioned walker with wooden blocks in?

ErnestTheBavarian Tue 14-Jul-09 08:04:42

for my ds first birthday he got 2 'big' things - a tricycle on a long pushy handle and a little cube slide. together they both come in well under £100 I think. ds1 is now almost 10 btw, but dc4 just turned 1 .. and she 'inherited' the exact same 2 presents for her 1st birthday presents and they are still going strong, played on all the time and definately after 9 years of almost use, a very good buy.

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3675054/Trail/searchtext%3ETRICYCLE.htm.

www.ciao.co.uk/Little_Tikes_Junior_Activity_Gym__5114129.

saintmaybe Tue 14-Jul-09 08:58:49

Small plastic buggy. About £5 from ELC. Top toy, super play value. All my 3 loved them, it's my default 1st birthday present.

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 14-Jul-09 09:04:46

Wheelybug.
Tomy Discovery Dome.
You really don't need to spend £100 at this age - save it for when he's a bit older.

A doll or pushchair for friend's dd. A basic doll though - no need for talking/wetting etc.
Dd's pushchair that someone bought for her 1st birthday still gets regular use, and she's 3.5.

blondissimo Tue 14-Jul-09 10:42:50

Thanks all - wasn't planning on spending £100 - just that we could stretch to that if someone had a really good idea!
Will have a word with dp and see what he thinkssmile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now