Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had a ceramic painting party?

(16 Posts)
shortshafe Mon 13-Jul-09 22:44:55

Either at home or at a ceramic cafe?

How much did you pay?

What age were the painters and was it a success?

Was it good value for money?

Anything that would have improved the experience?

TIA

SoupDragon Mon 13-Jul-09 22:45:41

Are you using this to get free business ideas?

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 13-Jul-09 22:51:14

hmmmm

<narrows eyes>

shortshafe Mon 13-Jul-09 22:53:26

sort of, just exploring ideas in my head I suppose.

I'm considering hosting my god daughters birthday party at my house (theirs is mid building work) and wondered if anyone had experience of hosting ceramic painting parties at home, as that is what she's requested.

I popped in to my local ceramic cafe to enquire and they don't host parties outside their cafe, I suppose I wondered if it would be a viable business idea but that is secondary to my party interest.

Is it a problem anyway?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 13-Jul-09 22:55:19

You have to pay a fee to MN to gather business info.

shortshafe Mon 13-Jul-09 22:57:15

oooh didn't know that!! blush

Sorry if I've upset anyone (slinks away with tail between legs)

Please ignore thread!

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 13-Jul-09 22:58:54

It's alright. You know now hey. smile

Welcome to mumsnet by the way.

shortshafe Mon 13-Jul-09 23:01:56

Thanks.

I've lurked awhile, but as you can see, this is my first thread. Probably my last now too!

hana Mon 13-Jul-09 23:05:03

my daughter has been to a few (she is 7) and has loved every one! They can be quite pricey depending on the choice given to the kids on the day - you could prob wangle a good discount depending on the chain or if independently owned? both parties had about 10 children.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 13-Jul-09 23:07:41

Don't worry shortshafe, no one's moaning at you. It's like being at school on here, it can be awkward if you don't get told the rules.

shortshafe Mon 13-Jul-09 23:09:52

Thanks FluffyBunnyGoneBad.

hana - my god daughter is 8 so it sounds like she's about the right age for it. Thanks

Jux Mon 13-Jul-09 23:16:05

I had one here at home a couple of years ago for dd; then had one at the cafe across the road (they hadn't opened in time for the first one).

The one at home was fab. The woman brought all the stuff including plastic table cloths and aprons. She was brilliant at keeping the kids interested and sitting painting, rather than running about. There wasn't really much that would have enhanced the experience, unless you throw in catering as well, but then it would get v expensive. Minimum number 8. I think it was £10 per child.

Last year, at the cafe, it was also great. There was a wider variety of things to paint and they provided party food. They would have done a cake if I'd wanted them to, but I chose to make it myself. Minimum number is 5. Price varies depending upon what range of objects you want available for painting - some are larger/more intricate etc.

DD wants to have her party there this year too.

Both times, we had to wait quite a while for the objects to be fired.

shortshafe Mon 13-Jul-09 23:18:12

Jux - how long was quite a while?

I've asked HQ to cast their eye over this and to delete it if they're not happy with it. grin

Jux Mon 13-Jul-09 23:29:37

About an hour and a half. The party was 3 - 5:30, and they had a bit of running about time before she called them all to order, and when she'd finished they had time to eat everything and time to look at presents and play in the garden for about 20 mins, before parents started arriving for pick-up.

Jux Mon 13-Jul-09 23:33:35

Sorry, not thinking! We waited 5 weeks for the one at home. The cafe was a bit better and came in at about 4. Both times was because it was the middle of August and a very busy time for both of them.

shortshafe Mon 13-Jul-09 23:41:58

crikey - 4/5 weeks seems ages! I suppose if there are staff holidays and school holiday increase in trade then it's not too excessive.

Thanks for info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now