Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a christening present for a boy?

(5 Posts)
smellybulldog Mon 13-Jul-09 11:18:12

Do any of you have any ideas for a christening present for a little boy age 18 months who I will become godmother to in July? I don't want to state a budget as that's another thing I'd like opinions on, I don't want to be tight, but at the same time I don't want to be embarassingly flash and have no idea on what's the norm. Please help as I am clueless!

DLI Mon 13-Jul-09 20:24:04

what about a personalised cutlery/crockery set? - for ds to use.

a teddy bear from bear factory personalised by yourself

do you want the present to be a keepsake or something for ds to use?

what about a silver money box egg cup and spoon or a bible or tankard(traditional)

st christopher necklace

thisisyesterday Mon 13-Jul-09 20:28:08

i would spend whatever you want to spend! you don't have to worry about being seen as flash, if you see something that you think is perfect, and it's in your budget then just get it.

if the parents are religious (as opposed to just having baby christened for the sake of it) then i think something like a children's bible is a lovely idea.

otherwise maybe a personalised gift? my children all have delft birth plates for example.
and I went to one of those pottery places and painted a mug with their name on

liliputlady Mon 13-Jul-09 20:55:09

Cufflinks with engraved initials - something he can grow in to?!

smellybulldog Mon 13-Jul-09 21:32:13

thanks, there are some really good ideas there. Yes the parents aren't really religous, it's more a christening for the sake of it. I like the idea of personalised pottery or bear. Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now