Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a school aged child and not had a birthday party for them yet?

(6 Posts)
nappyaddict Sun 12-Jul-09 13:37:27

Just curious really. Is it the norm that once they go to school EVERYONE has a birthday party? I don't think I like the idea of these massive invite everyone in your class parties. I'm not very good at organising things - can you tell grin

DS' 3rd birthday was a last minute on the day thing of text a few friends and see if they want to come round after we've been to the zoo. We didn't get back from the zoo until 5:30 so 2 of his friends were quite tired and were unsure if they were going to come, 1 couldn't come til about 6:30 and the other rang me up about 6:15 and said I've just got in from work is it ok if we pop round now. I didn't do any food as I didn't know who was coming or when. As it happened the 2 that did come turned up roughly the same time so i bunged a pizza and some sausage rolls in the oven, then gave them some ice cream. We tried to sing happy birthday outside but only 1 candle would stay lit in the wind. I gave them a piece of cake to go home and shoved some haribo in sandwich bags. All very impromptu lol.

fruitshootsandheaves Sun 12-Jul-09 14:07:58

DS will be 8 on 5th august, he has never had a birthday party.

nappyaddict Sun 12-Jul-09 14:18:17

What sort of things do you do instead?

fruitshootsandheaves Sun 12-Jul-09 14:23:57

we just have a family day really. Opening presents in the morning. We have a party tea with cake and we sometimes will get a dvd out and have popcorn while we watch it.
As 3 of my DC's have birthdays in August we are often on holiday for at least one.

nappyaddict Sun 12-Jul-09 14:40:37

Do you have family etc round for tea or is it just you, DH and the DC?

fruitshootsandheaves Sun 12-Jul-09 15:32:56

just us usually, dh's family live too far away and my family don't usually come.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now