Talk

Advanced search

Throw a party or not????????

(6 Posts)
Curlylox Fri 10-Jul-09 11:19:49

My DD starts school 7th September and her birthday is 25th September. I wouldn't expect her to carve out definite friendships so feel I may have to invite the whole class of 30 and then she has 6 other friends. What would you do? Any ideas for a party and to keep costs down, bear in mind I'm pretty good at organising but am not an entertainer.

hana Fri 10-Jul-09 11:24:16

I would just go with her friends that she has now

30 kids for a bday party is just crazy!

Curlylox Fri 10-Jul-09 11:33:44

ok but there are two other children from her nursery who will starting the same time and also the CM (new for Sept) DD. Not a problem I could invite them also but my concern is they will obviously talk about the party and didn't want other children to wonder why they are not invited??????

Curlylox Fri 10-Jul-09 14:45:59

Bump

cat64 Fri 10-Jul-09 14:59:39

Message withdrawn

handbagqueen Fri 10-Jul-09 15:06:50

My dd had her 5th birthday shortly after starting school and we invited the whole class, primarily because she didn't know anyone in the class so it was a good way for them to get to know her and for me to meet the parents. we hired a hall and entertainer and catered it ourselves (roped in loads of family to help!). It was cheap compared to playcentre parties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now