Talk

Advanced search

Mickey Mouse cake?

(5 Posts)
georgepig Wed 08-Jul-09 09:29:47

A novice here...I know it sounds a fairly simple thing to do, (its only 3 circles right?)grin

Ive got a circle cake tin for the face and two smaller circle tins for the ears, black ready to roll icing, red RTR icing but what colour shall i do for the face and how do i stick the ears to the face?

Any more tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hulababy Wed 08-Jul-09 09:40:03

Pale pink face
Black ears
Black mouth outline, black nose, black bits and outline of eyes

happyflower Wed 08-Jul-09 09:47:16

Best thing is to draw a picture (copy from book/magazine and make it into a clearly drawn picture like a 'colour by numbers') so that you can see how many pieces of icing you'll need and which colours.
You can colour white ready to roll using liquid food colours - but use REALLY sparingly as icing can get really sticky. Need to knead icing to get colour distributed evenly. Use cornflour to roll it out on.
For 'skin' colour, as well as a drop of red (to get pink), you may need to add a tiny tiny amount of yellow. Suggest colouring a bit of icing pale yellow, and then taking a bit of the pale yellow icing and adding it to the pale pink coloured icing (rather than trying to add a drop of yellow colour to the pink icing).
Good luck!

happyflower Wed 08-Jul-09 09:48:18

Stick the ears to the face using butter icing. Although you may not need to stick them at all.

AramintaCane Wed 08-Jul-09 09:49:58

If you want an easy option - go to ebay and search for Mickey Mouse cake there are loads of those rice paper cake toppers there. I have used several designs when the kids have asked for tricky cakes. I saw a mickey cake tin on there recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now