Talk

Advanced search

Left it to the last minute as usual! Please help me with ideas for DD's 6th birthday party at home with 5 friends!

(8 Posts)
oneplusone Tue 07-Jul-09 12:27:13

DD is having her party at our house this weekend. I had planned on doing a mini sports day type thing with egg and spoon race, 3 legged race etc. But that was when the weather was scorching! Now it looks like we might have rain, i have no idea what sort of games we could have indoors.

I would be very grateful for any ideas. DD is the nearly the youngest in her class, most of her friends turned 6 months ago and seem a bit more mature than her, so need games they won't think are too babyish.

TIA, will be back later to check thread. smile

SammyK Tue 07-Jul-09 12:29:47

Buy some plain biscuits, some icing and lots of sweets and let them decorate them. Did this for DS' party last year and they all loved it, even older siblings who came along joined in.

SammyK Tue 07-Jul-09 12:29:47

Buy some plain biscuits, some icing and lots of sweets and let them decorate them. Did this for DS' party last year and they all loved it, even older siblings who came along joined in.

Elk Tue 07-Jul-09 12:38:29

A crisp tasting competition.

Could you buy some beads and elastic and get them to make their own bracelets and necklaces.

A treasure hunt with clues that they have to think about.

maria1665 Tue 07-Jul-09 12:48:33

Limbo dancing competition. Put on some loud bouncy music and some one to hold out a pole - start off about chest height.. Everyone has to shimmy under it, then it gets lowered a bit more.

If you can't get under it, you're out. Prizes for limboing with panache, as well as for going the lowest.

Doesn't sound much, but its good fun and they all seem to like it.

iheartdusty Tue 07-Jul-09 12:51:26

you can get a quick delivery of craft kits etc from baker ross / yellow moon

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 07-Jul-09 12:55:02

Are they too young for a pamper party ? Toe and finger nail painting and such like ...

Biscuit decorating is good, as is make their own pizza parties

oneplusone Tue 07-Jul-09 13:15:44

Thanks all, great ideas so far. Will get pen and paper and make some notes. There will be 4 girls and 2 boys at the party, plus DS, who is 3, so things like pampering probably wouldn't work. Unless we split them up and DH could have the boys for a bit whilst i have the girls for toe nail painting?

Please keep them coming, I have 2 hours to fill! I have ordered crafty stuff from yellow moon that i thought we could do after the food. So I suppose i need to focus on high energy sapping games before lunch.

I like the limbo dancing competition and biscuit decorating. I also thought we'd have a 'mummy wrapping' competition with toilet rolls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now