Talk

Advanced search

Party games ideas for 4th birthday picnic

(5 Posts)
LolaLadybird Mon 06-Jul-09 22:26:22

Weather permitting we're having a picnic for DD's 4th birthday party on Friday (it's OK, we also have a wet weather plan!). We're holding it in our v quiet & scenic village park so there will be play equipment for the children to play on and I'm also planning and egg & spoon race and a treasure hunt. Just wondering if anyone else has any other ideas for outdoor party games?

bigchris Mon 06-Jul-09 22:27:30

a pinata always goes down well

LolaLadybird Mon 06-Jul-09 22:30:17

We had a pinata last year. I went for the kind where you pull the strings out to avoid having a load of 3 yr olds merrily whacking away with big sticks and the thing just wouldn't give up it's goodies! Ended up whacking it with a stick anyway I think! But thanks for the suggestion - keep 'em coming ...

nappyaddict Sun 12-Jul-09 13:13:24

With the the pull pinatas is there a magic string which makes it open up? What happens if the first person pulls that string meaning no one else gets a turn?

LolaLadybird Mon 13-Jul-09 22:15:27

I know Nappyaddict - that was my worry with the one we had last year. As it was, we worred unecessarily as only brute force would open it up. Maybe it's a pressure thing and it only finally goes when a lot of the strings are missing ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now