Talk

Advanced search

ideas for my dd's first birthday present - help!!

(4 Posts)
katherine2008 Mon 06-Jul-09 09:44:12

My dd is coming up for her first birthday and we are being asked what she'd like for gifts. What are good 'must have' toys to ask for, things that she'll enjoy over the next year? Any advice gratefully received!! thank you!!!!

twinklytoes Mon 06-Jul-09 10:57:07

ask people to contribute to a slide or swing, or the little tikes climbing cube/slide for the garden. much better idea than lots of smaller pressies.

if smaller pressies - a nice box set of books (usbournes poppy and sam farmyard tales are nice); duplo or mega blocks; walker with bricks in; pull along duck/dog; toy hoover or bubble blowing lawnmower - you get the idea anything that encourages walking and moving!

ds is getting the fisher price stand up giraffe thingy which he puts balls through and makes lots of noise. thats it, all other pressies will be clothes or vouchers or money into his bank account.

twinklytoes Mon 06-Jul-09 11:00:19

oh my mum buys the first pair of shoes for my childrens first birthdays. you can go through several pairs between 1 and 2yrs and at nearly £30 a pair its extortinate. DD1 had 5 pairs and DD2 had 4 in that year.

katherine2008 Mon 06-Jul-09 14:22:37

thank you that's really useful - will get to work on it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now