Talk

Advanced search

2yr olds party bags, what to put in that won't cost a fortune

(22 Posts)
Gingerbics Wed 01-Jul-09 10:21:53

Still deciding whether or not to bother with these but if I can just put a few fun things in a bag that won't cost too much, i'll prob go for it. Cheers x

HaventSleptForAYear Wed 01-Jul-09 10:25:05

Stickers.

I just gave an envelope (scribbled on with glitter by DS) with some nice stickers in it to each child for DS1's 4th birthday.

Buy a big bag and split them up.

coffeecups Wed 01-Jul-09 10:25:46

packet of raisins and a balloon

GooseyLoosey Wed 01-Jul-09 10:28:56

I bought some sandwich bags from Sainsburys that came with stickers instead of the party bags and wrote each child's name on the outside. Much cheaper. Cake, balloons and something that makes a noise - the dcs used to love those things that you blow and they uncurl and make a noise. Not expensive either.

Gingerbics Wed 01-Jul-09 10:33:22

Great ideas thanks, keep em coming!

Ceebee74 Wed 01-Jul-09 10:35:35

Bubbles are always a winner if you can find somewhere that sells cheap small tubs of them.

trixymalixy Wed 01-Jul-09 10:36:23

Stickers always go down well. Those mini packs of haribo that are 10p.

Gingerbics Thu 02-Jul-09 20:47:43

Bump!

sarah293 Thu 02-Jul-09 20:48:45

Message withdrawn

Gingerbics Fri 03-Jul-09 13:12:21

Found some great stuff in poundland. Barbie and BENten armbands and beachballs, cool toothbrushes and stickers. Thanks so much everyone!

meltedmarsbars Fri 03-Jul-09 13:18:25

I give the kids an empty bag (made the last ones out of Beanos) and scatter the sweeties about as a treasure hunt for the last activity, asking any older kids to help the younger ones fill their bags.

NorbertDentressangle Fri 03-Jul-09 13:19:19

Punch balloons are really popular

(about £1 for 10 from Poundland, the Works etc)

YeahBut Fri 03-Jul-09 13:19:32

Stickers, bubbles and raisins. Poss. smarties if feeling generous. wink

gegs73 Fri 03-Jul-09 13:19:34

DS2 just had his and I put in a Kinder Egg, a bottle of bubbles and cake.

yappybluedog Fri 03-Jul-09 13:30:54

I wouldn't bother for 2 yo

my dd used to try to eat stickers at that age

StealthPolarBear Fri 03-Jul-09 13:35:17

I did my first ever party bag for DS's 2nd birthday
They had
Thomas book (one of those sets of mini books split up)
Thomas chocolate lolly
bouncy call and little pom pom animal (wouldn't recommend)
crayons
stickers
fruit flake things
I also had some mini plastic flutes, but lost those before the party!

There were only 4 other DCs at his party though - it would have been expensive and a pain if more!
PLease no-one pick on me about this - I am full of PFB pride. Next year I'll barely have the energy to cut up the cake

StealthPolarBear Fri 03-Jul-09 13:35:42

oh and cake

gingertoo Fri 03-Jul-09 13:36:52

My ds is two in a fortnight. I've picked up some little paper bags which I'm going to get Ds to scribble on. I'm going to make some chocolate cupcakes and decorate them with melted choc and a smartie and pop one in each bag, seal it with a dinosaur sticker and that's it! Party bag suitable for a two year old without the plastic tat......

Lilliput Fri 03-Jul-09 13:40:30

don't bother, or if you have to a piece of cake and a balloon

gingertoo Fri 03-Jul-09 13:41:14

Oh and it's cheap too - this party is being done on a seriously small budget.......

craftynclothy Fri 03-Jul-09 13:44:42

At my 2 year olds party I put the following in:

bubbles
a balloon
a small colouring book (got a big pack from the local market)
crayons (again v cheap from local market)
a packet of seeds
cake

I bought a couple of boxes of "paint your own plant pots" from the market (they wre only a couple of quid) and got enough so there was one pot each. The idea was that the kids could paint them at the party, then plant the seeds at home iyswim but we never got round to the painting. As it happened the number of boxes ended up being the number of families that made it on the day so I gave one box to each family.

craftynclothy Fri 03-Jul-09 13:45:51

That didn't make much sense: the paint your own kits had 3 pots in each box.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: