Talk

Advanced search

hen party, at home - what to do to keep things fun in difficult circumstances?

(10 Posts)
time4tea Mon 29-Jun-09 21:59:58

Hello

any ideas for games/activities at home for a hen party? it is the bride's second wedding, plus her mum who will be with us is very ill. So we need something fun in terms of games/activities: the usual slightly bonkers activities (first time round we did stupid forfeits, ate willy-shaped cakes, etc)seem a bit inappropriate (plus it would be good to do something different from last time, first husband was an ocean-going arsehole) however, I do want a few ideas for activities up my sleeve - to make sure there are plenty of light, fun things to do, to keep spirits up and be heart-warming...

SOLOisMeredithGrey Mon 29-Jun-09 22:04:46

Pin the willy on the man?! hmm as opposed to pin the tail on the donkey...
Pass the parcel(of sex toys).

Dunno really, just being daft, but it might be fun? grin

snickersnack Mon 29-Jun-09 22:06:21

Karaoke? Twister? Everyone bring a photo of themselves as a baby, and pin them up then have a competition to see who can match guest to baby?

Sprogstersmum Sun 05-Jul-09 21:50:02

Give the bride to be a quiz about her fiance with forfeits for any wrong answers.

blametheparents Sun 05-Jul-09 22:11:45

Loads of toilet rolls, some sellotape and some scissors and then 'design and dress' the bride in a wonderful wedding dress made of toliet paper.

Everyone write down a fact about themselves that they don't think anyone else will know and then have a competition to see how many each of you can get right.

Wrap a silly gift for each person and then the recipient has to guess what it is. They are only allowed to ask three questions about the gift. Gifts could include small Ann Summers style gifts, or if tht is not appropriate then maybe a tub of retro sweets, or fart putty, or a blue garter. Lots of things you could do.

Bramshott Sun 05-Jul-09 22:14:47

I had an 80s themed hen night at home - we all brought what we had drunk in the 80s (urgh!), and made up each other's faces 80s style whilst listening to Wham and Duran Duran!

liliputlady Tue 14-Jul-09 14:16:29

Quite a tame idea (- then my hen night was about a hundred years ago) but you could have a party with a sales person in - Body Shop or the cooking demonstrators (whose name escapes me). That would give everyoone something to do/focus on

randomtask Tue 14-Jul-09 15:43:33

Why don't you do the 'ultimate girly night'. Watch a chick flick, put on face masks, do each others nails and generally chill out whilst spouting words of marriage wisdom? You could also so something like everybody has to give their best 'marriage advice' and their 'funniest marriage advice'. Might work and not be too stressed!

liliputlady Tue 14-Jul-09 20:31:05

Have a Mamma Mia singalong night.

curlyredhead Tue 14-Jul-09 20:45:58

I organised a hen night a few years ago and we had a pamper party - not the cheapest and took a bit of organising, but we had two therapistsand people could choose half hour treatments either massages etc or nails/makeup. You need to have room for the treatments, but it brought the group together nicely cos everyone chatted about what they had done/were planning to get, and everyone felt pampered ready for the
meal out.

The other thing we did which worked really well was to get everyone to bring a present to remind the bride-to-be of the time they knew each other best - we had guests from all different stages so reminders of
primary school through to different jobs and family occasions.

Hope you have a fun night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now