We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Entertainer is ill - omg, think I am too now

(8 Posts)
Shandyleer Sun 28-Jun-09 20:28:34

The entertainer booked for dc4's 5th birthday party later this week has broken his leg in a car accident. Obviously I am very sorry for the poor man - BUT couldn't he have waited until next week?

Actually, I have an assortment of older dcs (plus their friends) who I have roped in to help, so I'm not too worried about the actual party. However, the entertainer was going to provide the party bags, so I'm thinking now that instead of actual bags, I'd like to give each child one gift to take home with them. Does anyone have any ideas that would be suitable for boys and girls (other than a book each)? Thanks for any ideas.

Surfermum Sun 28-Jun-09 20:32:54

What's your budget? A friend of mine did Top Trumps.

FruitynNutty Sun 28-Jun-09 20:34:57

Mini packets of Lego?

southeastastra Sun 28-Jun-09 20:42:01

i'm sure someone on here gave a child a pineapple each grin

Shandyleer Sun 28-Jun-09 21:11:38

A real pineapple?! Budget would be up to £2 per child. Like the lego idea, could you get mini packets for around £2?

MrsMuddle Sun 28-Jun-09 21:13:16

Lucky bags.

eandh Sun 28-Jun-09 21:36:37

I got all teh children for dd1's 4th birthday party a small money box (different designs cars, cowa, pigs, ducks etc) they were ceramic and cost £1 each from local shop (they got money box and piece of cake!) they all seemed to like them though!

sphil Sun 28-Jun-09 22:32:48

Go-Gos are popular with DS1 and his friends, but he's 8 (only just though). You can get mini boxes of K'nex quite cheaply, but I'm not sure about under £2.00. I've done helicopter balloons before - a pack of two balloons with rotor blades. You blow up balloon and it rises into the air like a helicopter. Not sure how much, but def less than £2.00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now