Talk

Advanced search

Do you let the party child's mum know that your child can go to the part?

(6 Posts)
colie Thu 11-Jun-09 22:08:11

Dd1 gave out the invites for her 7th birthday party on monday (two weeks notice given). Noone has got back to me. I have to pay for the final number on tuesday 16th, venue has said they need all the money that day as they are buying the food in.

I am paying alot of money and don't want to end up paying for kids who do not go.

Would it look rude if I ask some of the mums I see in the playground if their kids can make it?

Wheelybug Thu 11-Jun-09 22:09:48

No you would not look rude - they are rude not to reply. Hound them.

SlartyBartFast Thu 11-Jun-09 22:10:02

not rude at all,
they are being rude not responding.
but you are quite right to ask them.. just so you know

Meglet Thu 11-Jun-09 22:10:49

i'd chase them up and ask them nicely. some of them will be so busy they will have forgotten to rsvp, whereas some others are just bad mannered. i always rsvp despite being a bit un-organised in most areas of my life.

Hulababy Thu 11-Jun-09 22:11:29

I always RSVP as soon as possible, usually the next school day. I know if I left it longer I may forget.

Sadly some people do forget and some simply don't bother replying even if hey are coming. I would chase them up - ask parents int he playground. If they say anything just explain that the venue need numbers.

colie Fri 12-Jun-09 13:48:02

Thanks ladies. Two out of 13 have now replied. Will go hounding on monday!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now