Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for gift for mum's 60th please!

(13 Posts)
PolkaDotRachel Tue 09-Jun-09 21:50:18

My Mum is turning 60 in a couple of weeks time and I would like to get her something nice...

She doesn't wear jewelry...

She is divorced and single so no "weekend away with Dad" or the like lol!

For Christmas we bought her a voucher for a massage at local spa with a 6 month expiration. Despite frequent reminders she has been "too busy" to go hmm so nothing like that. (Should have gone myself! angry!)

We live in small village not London.

Any ideas welcome

blametheparents Tue 09-Jun-09 22:01:58

I did a photobook for my mum from here

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 09-Jun-09 22:05:14

You can get "personalised" wine where you design your own labels. Can't remember where from though - I'll have a think and get back to you all being well!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 09-Jun-09 22:07:47

Thank goodness for Google!

We got some for my Dads 60th from here

janeite Tue 09-Jun-09 22:08:37

Flowers and take her out for a meal with the family? Lots of older women don't really want more 'stuff' I think. Certainly all of the presents we have ever bought dp's mum have been a waste of money! The only thing that went down well was a photo frame with a picture of dp and the children (I was in it too but I think she would have been just as happy for me not to be!).

janeite Tue 09-Jun-09 22:09:08

Not mil bashing really - she is very nice; just doesn't really want anything!

crokky Tue 09-Jun-09 22:11:18

Agree with janeite - my mum is 61 and she doesn't want stuff. Unless she has something broken that wants replacing - perhaps you could ask your mum if she needs anything like that. I would agree with a meal out with family (have you got any siblings you could invite?).

PolkaDotRachel Tue 09-Jun-09 22:12:28

Her best friend is a florist at swanky hotel and always gets her massive arrangement I could never beat lol!

We are going for suprise meal on the day with relatives coming from afar which she has no idea about

Looking in to the wine tho wink

PolkaDotRachel Tue 09-Jun-09 22:13:17

Oh and no siblings. No father. Just me. The pressure is on blush !!!!

PolkaDotRachel Wed 10-Jun-09 09:31:51

Any more ideas...?

OhBling Wed 10-Jun-09 09:53:56

Does she have any hobbies? Gardening, walking, cooking etc etc? So a lovely preplanted pot of something to flower is nice if she likes that kind of thing or a book on her subject of choice, a selection of exotic and interesting herbs and spices etc?

Digital photo frame with preloaded pictures of you, the DGCs etc?

Something beautiful for no reason besides that it is beautiful - eg a handblown glass bowl or vase, a beautiful wooden box or chest for knicknacks etc.

Something luxurious - cashmere cardigan, silk dressing gown etc.

A weekend away with you if she doesn't have a partner.

chocolateshoes Thu 11-Jun-09 20:08:00

we had a family photo shoot for my mums 60th birthday - she loved it

PDR Fri 03-Jul-09 21:26:52

Thanks for all the ideas!

We went with the digital photo frame in the end and went down well (I think/hope!)

Also had professional photo of DS framed for her but was planning to do this anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now