Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DHs birthday on thursday, help me spoil him please

(4 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Mon 08-Jun-09 20:50:52

Due to lack of interest in just about anything recently as I have been sick as a dog this pg (in case you did not know), DH has suffered a little neglect.

We are hoping to go camping on Friday & Sat with some friends so hoping they will help spoil him then, as long as weather is good.

But for thursday, what can I do to help make it about him, bit special?

What we already have planned is strawberry picking. This has become a sort of tradition, we start our strawberry season at a farm, with a picnic there.

For the evening. We have the option of a babysitter, some friends said they would look after DD for us. but they are also people we would like to spend DHs birthday with (or rather he would). We have 2 options. 1 -go out for a meal with a couple of friends, local, new place opened up. BUT I am not in a good food place right now and DH is not keen on going anywhere which might result in me throwing up afterwards. Also, not lots of people out and about due to work commitments/lack of money right now (as always eh?).

The other option is, few beers here at ours. Where everyone can come, was thinking I could make some tapas and margheritas. But means we don't take advantage of babysitter.

And then, there is a present. I have no idea. He has got a new tent from his mother (hippy tent) and a new stereo surround sound from his brother - all expensive, I cannot match it. I have been unable to go out and browse with him like I would usually, get a feel for what he wants.

He has bought me tickets to see Bruce Springseen for my birthday, that is a big present! I want to show him I do care and love him even though it does not seem it much as I have been so sick.

He keeps saying 'really its no big deal this year babe, honestly we don't have to do anything, we don't have much money, your ill, we can something another time' but he does not mean it. He always loves his birthday being celebrated. We used to have big house parties.

What else can I do to make it special? All the ideas you can think of please!

Sorry, long. I am shit at short threads.

PavlovtheCat Mon 08-Jun-09 21:23:24

Oh great, no pressure from him then.

Just phone to ask if we have any negotiation on how much I am allowed to spend on a pushchair for new babs. he said, yes, as long as you buy me a fantastic present (he said this the other day, reminded me I got BS tickets). I said I would be happy to buy him a fantastic present if he just bloody well told me what he wants! He said, no seriously, I don't want anything. Get me something you think I will like hmm

Well clearly you bloody well do want something amazing. But I have to guess what the eff it is.

What with my pg brain, its a tall order.

The only thing I could think of is a plane ticket to see his mother for her birthday. But at £600 its a bit of a tall ask grin

PavlovtheCat Mon 08-Jun-09 21:23:59

And what from DD?

PavlovtheCat Mon 08-Jun-09 21:25:52

OK, I got it.

I know what to buy him.

Hokusai The Wave Print on Canvass for our new bedroom (when its finished being built in 2 months!). He will LOVE that.

Where to buy it <off to start a new thread for help buying it>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now