Talk

Advanced search

Unisex party themes and bags?

(7 Posts)
FimbleHobbs Mon 08-Jun-09 15:27:29

I am planning DD's 3rd birthday party - there will be a mix of boys and girls. DD asked for a Princess party. I think I will develop this into a Royal theme or kind of along the lines of 'The Princess Knight' book. Rather than a sugary out and out Disneyfied simpering princess theme, iyswim, which the feminist in me couldn't stomach.

I am struggling a little with party bag ideas. I thought they could each make a crown to take home, but I am a bit stumped for other ideas of what to put in that fits with a Royal theme but isn't too sterotypically gender specific.

Am I alone in hating that it is normal and easier to do seperate bags for boys and girls?

mumblecrumble Mon 08-Jun-09 21:15:10

No. I hate it too....

pointydog Mon 08-Jun-09 21:27:18

what about the anti-royalists?

janeite Mon 08-Jun-09 21:29:59

Paperchase sell stretchy jewels which my dds used to love; can't see any reason why boys wouldn't like them too!

How about just baking them each a big cookie, shaped like a crown?

Or a book?

janeite Mon 08-Jun-09 21:30:47

A real book - not a baked book!

FimbleHobbs Tue 09-Jun-09 09:10:45

Thanks. I hadn't thought about anti-Royalists. They can have rotten tomatoes in their party bags then, to throw at the Royalty wink

I think the others can have books. I like the crown shaped cookie idea but baking is not my strong point, to put it mildly... And I will try Paperchase for jewels.

pointydog Tue 09-Jun-09 18:57:58

mini-guillotines and cocktail sausages. Boys and girls would love that.

Vive la revolution

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now