Talk

Advanced search

3 year old dds party at home, what to do??

(11 Posts)
minxofmancunia Fri 22-May-09 13:50:06

this all new territory to me I'm a newbie at the party malarkey.

Prob will be about 10 kids and their parents, I'll be 39 weeks pg! Know what to do for food and cake but games? Bags? entertainment?

Someone help me please! Not until sept but need to know what I'm dping as will be big tired and grumpy by then!

Or should I abandon the idea and go for the soft play do it all for you option? (I HATE soft play) grin

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Fri 22-May-09 13:52:14

get a bubble machine and some long balloons so they can run around bashing bubbles with balloons (copyright mrsbadger or enid) other thatn that pass the parcel or musical bumps ifyou can be arsed. good luck. at this age they just want to tear around the house throwing things so not much needed in the entertainment side.

Iklboo Fri 22-May-09 13:53:57

Bloody hell! If you're 39 weeks pg with all that stress they might end up playing 'watch minxofmancunia in labour' game wink

LadyPenelope Fri 22-May-09 14:00:48

Either do it early or do soft play (possibly both) ... at 39 weeks you do not want to have a party!

Iklboo Fri 22-May-09 14:02:09

There are some nice soft play places out there. Are you in Manchester?

tassisssss Fri 22-May-09 14:02:19

I'd set up a few wee stations if you can - colouring/sticking/making a craft decorating crowns/tiaras)/decorating iced pbiscuits/playdough that kind of thing. They do that as they arrive, few games like pass the parcel and musical bumps, maybe a wee hunt, then food and then out to play in the garden. It'll be lovely.

Party bags - well there are a zillion threads on the subject but I'd do hairclips or bracelets (from supermarkets) for the girls and wee cars for the boys. A mini chocolate bar or 2, cake and a balloon if you like. Sorted.

Grammaticus Fri 22-May-09 14:04:52

sleeping lions is good if you need to calm them down a bit!

slug Fri 22-May-09 15:09:07

They are three, they don't need a lot of entertainment. Bubbles are good, especially if you can get a bubble machine. Hide some wrapped sweets or small toys in the garden and let them have a treasure hunt. Apart from that, a big box of dressing up clothes and glitter in some form or other seems to keep 3 year olds happy for ages.

minxofmancunia Fri 22-May-09 16:49:46

Thanks for all the ideas, will get a bubble machine and maybe a bouncy castle plus some dressing up clothes, what a good idea! It doesn't sound too taxing!

ohdearwhatamess Fri 22-May-09 17:11:04

I recently had a third birthday party for ds1. I found that the children didn't want to play games apart from pass the parcel (had some planned in case the were expected). They did a lot of running around with balloons and dancing and shrieking. I had colouring and stickers laid out on a table (mainly to keep the occupied at the start so that the mothers could have a cup of coffee in peace).

nappyaddict Wed 03-Jun-09 00:18:02

A piece of cake wrapped up in a napkin and popped in a party bag is plenty IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now