Talk

Advanced search

tell me about your primary school end of term parties

(3 Posts)
twinklytoes Wed 20-May-09 20:44:31

our school has never had an end of term party sad so the very newly formed pta is going to organise one for end of summer term.

it will be a midweek night, hopefully in the last week and will be split into two x 90mins for ks1 and ks2. we've got offers of two djs but are yet to get references from local schools regards their suitability.

what else can we do than just a disco. funds aare limited but we've got a creative team. we just want it to be memorable. can't charge too much for tickets either due to the local area.

so what happens at yours?

saggyhairyarse Tue 26-May-09 20:12:20

At my school there are 3 classes per year group so each year has it's own party.

Nursery, Reception and Y1 have a puppet show. Play a few games and have party food. The PSA funds pay for the puppet show and each class has a sheet with party foods and parents put their names down for what they want to bring eg. plates, cups, crisps, squash etc.

Y2 have a leavers disco in the evening. Our school is an infant school so kids transfer to juniors. Again, the PSA pays for the disco and parents being the food.

lljkk Fri 05-Jun-09 22:41:16

Our school does daytime afternoon "parties", within each classroom. The children are each asked to bring a food item, they get to change out of uniform into other clothes, and they can bring toys from home or play with some of the school things that are effectively toys. I don't think there's much more to it.

The Y6 leavers have decided against Disco in last few years, they went bowling and swimming instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now