Talk

Advanced search

Hen night at home

(6 Posts)
milkysallgone Thu 05-Feb-09 21:39:02

I am maid/matron? of hounour and am trying to help oraganise the bride's hen do. She has decided to hold a cocktail evening at hers. I would really appreciate it if anyone has any good ideas for things I can do to help make it special for her.

I'm thinking along the lines of decorations, food, games and some sort of surprise (not a stripper - she would freak I think). Anyone got any recommendations?

TIA

thehairybabysmum Thu 05-Feb-09 21:47:47

Game wise, i went to one where they did a mr and mrs type quiz. Asked the groom in advance 10 questions about their relationship or her type things. Where was first kiss etc.

Was v. funny.

What about a mexican evening....tequila cocktails and fajitas.

milkysallgone Fri 06-Feb-09 08:44:26

Thank you. Not sure about the whole mexican thing - I think she's thinking along the lines of glam cocktails all dressed up etc.

time4tea Tue 17-Feb-09 15:52:25

glam up and have cocktails. get a book, a couple of posh glasses. lovely snacks.

To go along with the traditional mucky-joke hen-party thing, I made a willy-shaped cake made out of very posh ingredients, so it was rather delicious (and a hoot to make) there's a great shop called Sh! (women's erotic emporium) where you can get lots of little sex-related nicknacks for a saucy pass-the-parcel, with lots of stupid forfeits (not rude or embarrassing, just silly - sing a song, do a dance, tell a joke)

For my hen party, my hens organized a wonderful meal, we drank ourselves stupid, and then a karaoke machine turned up. big surprise and quite a hoot. the Mr & Mrs Game was also a laugh, although I didn't quite understand what was going on... need to have some very basic questions. or maybe I'm just thick. or was drunk :-)

VoteforGoat Tue 17-Feb-09 15:55:01

God i would hate to have some sex quiz game played when I was at a hen night.
HOw winceingley cringey.

hippopotamouse Tue 17-Feb-09 16:01:45

We had a Sex and the City night for my sis last year, we went out in edinburgh, very over dressed, posh restaurant, cocktails and stuff -it was great.

I'm sure you could do something like that at home? Most hen night decorations are pink/tacky so if its a posh do you are looking for I would avoid card shops. Matalan have M Party section where I am and they are great for coordinating party stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now