Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for 'adopt a puppy' party please (not real puppies obviously)

(10 Posts)
ChippyMinton Thu 22-Jan-09 18:54:44

DD's party idea is for every guest to 'adopt' a soft toy.

I've got a load of iedntical puppies and put a different colour ribbon on each. So far I have made a pass the parcel with a matching ribbon in each layer, to denote which puppy they get to adopt. I have some pendants to hang on the ribbons to make necklaces for each guest. Adoption cetificates to fill out with puppy's name.
Then a picnic tea on the floor.

I'll need some more activities though. Any ideas for games, crafts etc? And a 'back story' for why the puppies need a new home!

Bumperslucious Thu 22-Jan-09 19:02:38

Lovely idea! Can I come! How old is your DD?

ellceeell Thu 22-Jan-09 19:08:22

Have you got your plates etc yet? These are nice www.partyark.co.uk/puppy-party?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=Puppyparty

Bumperslucious Thu 22-Jan-09 19:08:23

Puppy face fairy cakes?

'Leads' made out of wire hangers to take them for a walk.

Musical puppies (like musical statues or bumps).

Colour a 'blanket' (large piece of paper) for him to sleep on.

Puppy face painting or have them make puppy masks

hippipotamiWantsToLoseAPound Thu 22-Jan-09 19:08:28

Craft idea - get some paper bowls adn some paint. Each guest gets to decorate a 'food bowl' for their pup.

Game idea - treasure hunt. Lots of fun (visual or rhyming) clues, this leads to another puppy related treat - tags for their collars perhaps?

ChippyMinton Thu 22-Jan-09 19:15:37

DD's 5th birthday.
Brilliant ideas, you clever lot

lunavix Thu 22-Jan-09 22:07:39

Totally fab idea

where did you get the puppies from, I want to steal this idea grin I do need like 50 puppies though...

ChippyMinton Fri 23-Jan-09 10:15:52

50? shock

i got them in sainsburys - they are selling them off after xmas at £4 each - they are quite big though - 15" tall. I'm guessing you'd want something smaller?

like these

ChippyMinton Sat 24-Jan-09 20:08:13

Just wanted to say the party went off really well. We did 'high school musical puppy bumps' and the decorated dog bowls (actually paper plates) were inspired. I was ROFL when they went to 'feed' the puppies. Thanks again

hippipotamiWantsToLoseAPound Sat 24-Jan-09 20:27:11

Fab news!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now