Talk

Advanced search

I am officially crap Mumsnet has clearly addled my brain what shall I do?

(16 Posts)
twinsetandpearls Thu 30-Oct-08 10:59:24

Have a halloween party tomorrow but have forgotten what time I put on the invite. I asked dp to ask at the school gate ( he does the school run and I was ashamed at my crapness) what time was the party we invited everyone to. I think it is 5-7 but am not sure. Shall I just have everything ready for 4pm?

And as if that were not enough I have said siblings can come but people have been a bit crap about who is and isn;t coming so again have no idea.

So to recap I am having a party tomorrow but have no idea when it is or who is coming.

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Thu 30-Oct-08 11:02:47

oh dear.....ooops.

do you not have a return slip anywhere, or a forgotten invite that was not handed out??

I would get prepped for 2pm tho, for the maximum possible, and then sit and wait.

and when they come, if not as many turn up, you can perform you 'trick' of keeping them there until all food is eatenwink.

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Thu 30-Oct-08 11:03:12

and while sitting and waiting, you can mumsnetgrin

Niecie Thu 30-Oct-08 11:05:00

Oh dear. I would confess all to a mum-friend of one of the children and take the teasing. Mind you the friend I would ask has forgotten to pick her DC up from school on 1 occasion so I would have ammo to fire back on the 'addled brain' accusations

If not, be ready by 4pm.

My DS had a photocopied note in his book bag from a friend saying come to our house on Hallowen and the address and that was it. For an invitation it was somewhat lacking in info.

It wasn't you, was it?

twinsetandpearls Thu 30-Oct-08 11:10:08

We are new to the area so I do not really have a mum-friend and certainly no way of contacting anyone. Am hoping someone else will phone today and say we are coming and then I can say that os great oh and by the way what time?

No I had lovely homemake invites.

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Thu 30-Oct-08 11:11:42

so, if they do ring, and you ask them, how are you going to ask without spuinding lke an utter loon at not knowing when you invited people for hey.......

winkgrin

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Thu 30-Oct-08 11:12:43

mind you, I am never ready for when people arrive at my parties, and they love me for it (or so they sayhmm).........tis part of my personality.....can you invent a whole new part of yourselfgrin

Niecie Thu 30-Oct-08 11:13:42

A good plan, unless nobody phones or they phone to find out what time the party is as they have lost the invitatiion.grin

twinsetandpearls Thu 30-Oct-08 11:14:00

dd is certain it is 5-7pm, she is generally more reliable than me.

twinsetandpearls Thu 30-Oct-08 11:15:46

psycho I am past caring, I hope it will come across as endearing scattiness rather than utter lunacy.

Thanks Niecie, infact every party dd goes to I lose the invite and have to phone, write to clarify the time. If someone does that to me I will look truly stupid.

Niecie Thu 30-Oct-08 11:17:19

There you are then - go with DD and plan for 5pm and blame her if they all turn up at 4pm.
wink

Psycho is right - nobody will care. I am never ready when people arrive and they just have to accept my addled brain-ness. So long as the children are in costume, you can turn the lights down and nobody will be able to see the rest of the house.

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Thu 30-Oct-08 11:25:39

go for the endearing scattiness look....tis halloween after all, you can get away with anything on halloween......especially if you have a cauldron and broom and wandwinkgrin.

get prepped then for 4pm, and if you are running over, you will definately be ready for 5!

twinsetandpearls Thu 30-Oct-08 17:06:27

Mum texted me and said she could come so I texted her back to say I would love you to come and by the way what time have I put on the invite. It has half five.

DoubleToilandTroubleBluff Thu 30-Oct-08 17:08:56

TP you sound just like me!
I blame it on my excessive wine habit. grin

twinsetandpearls Thu 30-Oct-08 17:11:49

I think she thinks I am a scatty loon.

squeakypop Thu 30-Oct-08 17:14:16

I never know the start and end-times of parties, although would hope to for ones that I am hosting (which is why I rarely take on that challenge).

Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now