Talk

Advanced search

First birthday party?

(4 Posts)
hopefullypregnant Sun 26-Oct-08 19:38:48

Hi. My DD is nearly 1 and need to think about a small party. It's not been on my mind because we've just lost a baby at 13 weeks... and now I want to try to distract myself. Don't want anything big cos it would just intimidate her - was thinking would just invite a couple of friends with their babies over. What sort of time do you think is best to hold first bday parties? My DD seems to have an odd sort of sleep pattern, so for her the best time would be lunchtime, but I know lots of babies sleep then. And what did other people do, just lay out lots of toys and let them crawl and explore? No point in anything scheduled, or too long, I guess.

Am not going overboard - planning on making a chocolate button cake/cupcakes and just having snacky food.

Any help gratefully received!

sneekpeeks Sun 26-Oct-08 20:36:28

Hello. I worried the same as DS sleep routine was all over the place and always freaked if in a room with too many people !!

Just had *VERY CLOSE* family and friends - about 6 or so - and asked to came round at 3.30 ish for an hour or so and then had a few nibbles and cup cakes.

I had toys laid out and let the kids play. Didnt bother with games or anything.

Actually went very well.

PortofinoPumpkin Sun 26-Oct-08 20:44:06

In reality - anything you do is for you, not for her. We had a cake for dd with a candle. She stuck her hand too close and then screamed the place down for an hour.

hopefullypregnant Tue 28-Oct-08 12:18:03

Thanks both of you - good suggestions!

Think will just have a few people over for afternoon tea and cake...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now