Talk

Advanced search

Good old fashioned Halloween Party games?

(17 Posts)
rainbowbadger Sat 25-Oct-08 18:17:49

Got apple bobbing and pin the wart on the witch so far but want any other ideas for a childrens party the eldest of whom is 8. Don't be shy - come and 'spook' to me!!!

WhizzzingAroundOnABroomstick Sat 25-Oct-08 19:42:29

grin I'm usually good at these - but can't think of much & we are having friends + kids round too.

I've been to a party where the kids had to mummify and adult i.e. wrap an adult up in loo roll - prize for the most body covered.

Hang doughnuts from strings - eat with no hands allowed.

Eat the marshmallows out of the flour.

S1ur Sat 25-Oct-08 19:46:15

do a ghost walk around house, turn off the lights and put different things in each room (inc a scarily dressed DP at end).

blindfolded 'feeling' of grapes/jelly etc.

Hang about there was a good thread about this not so long ago, will find.

S1ur Sat 25-Oct-08 19:48:03

ta dah

nickytwoooohtimes Sat 25-Oct-08 19:50:23

Ooh. Thanks for that link, Slur.#
I have 2 parties to organise this year and was a bit stumped.

WhizzzingAroundOnABroomstick Sun 26-Oct-08 08:39:32

I've also just thought of Pass the Parcel with forfeits inside each layer

WhizzzingAroundOnABroomstick Sun 26-Oct-08 08:45:36

..or even better a trick or a treat in each layer!

rainbowbadger Sun 26-Oct-08 13:50:07

Phamtom-tastic ideas!!! Thanks so much - saw the 'bleeding eyeballs' on Something for The Weekend this morn with lychees, blueberries and strawberry jam which look good too.

WhizzzingAroundOnABroomstick Sun 26-Oct-08 15:23:51

Has anyone tried mixing almost set lime jelly (with a jelly eyeball at the bottom) with runny red jelly for a spooky dessert - then leave to set maybe in a plastic glass??

Would it work do you reckon & would it look any good???

policywonk Sun 26-Oct-08 15:39:56

Oooh I need this thread. I have 30 under-sixes coming to a party at my house on Friday. I am seriously considering turning the lights off and pretending not to be in.

JHKE Sun 26-Oct-08 15:54:52

my cousin told me this one this morning - sleeping monsters a take on sleeping lions.. not sure if this is too young though

cece Sun 26-Oct-08 15:57:15

We played a good one. Get some ring doughnuts. Tie them with string and hang them up so they are dangling. Have about4 children - 1 doughnut each... Have a race to see who can eat their doughnut without touching it with their hands. I had children as young as 3 playing this and up to 8. They all seemed to like it!

WhizzzingAroundOnABroomstick Sun 26-Oct-08 15:58:47

I have made some Halloween Bingo cards - happy to email to anyone if they are of use.

9 different cards (words + pictures) each 4x4 + a list of words that can be printed out onto card, chopped up & used to pull out of a bag.

grin
Whizzz_123 (at) yahoo dot co dot uk

if you want one (a Word doc)

pumpkinscantdancethetango Tue 28-Oct-08 08:17:17

make watches cats (cut paper in to cat shapes) and let kids decorate in a watchy way.

then get a magazine for them all, line cats up on floor and use magazine to "flap" them along the floor. whoever gets to the finish line first wins

smellybunion Tue 28-Oct-08 08:29:58

eat the smarties out of the icing sugar....

who can do the most terrifying scream?

a dance competition to thriller, complete with zombie moves!

murder in the dark

wink murder (where everyone sits in a circle facing inwards...you chose one murderer and one detective. the murderer has to wink at individuals around the circle, and they die spectacularly! the detective has to work out who the murderer is)

a funny face pulling competition

have a fab time!

BirdyArms Tue 28-Oct-08 10:59:21

I have 12 little ones coming. As well as some of the ideas here am also planning to play 'hunt the eyeball' - hiding chocolate eyeballs in the garden for them to find, weather willing.

We are also doing a pumpkin craft activity - have cut out some orange pumpkin shapes and black triangles for eyes, mouth shapes, green leaves with glitter pens etc. And have ordered some spider craft kits from baker ross, they say 6+ though and most of our guests are 3 so may be a disaster.

WhizzzingAroundOnABroomstick Wed 29-Oct-08 19:33:38

I made a fab ghost today - blew up a balloon & tied a piece of cotton round the knot. Thread cotton onto needle, get a piece of thin white material, ideally square & thread cotton through the centre. The material drapes over the balloon & you can hang it up by the thread.
Use 2 bits of thread if you want to hang its 'arms' up - can use black paper shapes stuck on for features!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: