Talk

Advanced search

percy pig / farm cake? to buy or maybe really easy make?

(4 Posts)
wotnopulling Thu 23-Oct-08 13:42:55

does anyone know if m&s do a percy pig birthday cake? it's dd1's birthday party at the weekend and i usually make cake but have been ill (still am) so not going to be able to.
i'll have to cancel party if not fit tomorrow but assuming i am i need a farm theme cake... any ideas?!

missblythe Thu 23-Oct-08 13:54:36

Could you make a stack of pig cupcakes instead?

Pink icing, marshmallow for nose, 2 spots with black icing pen for eyes, job done.

wotnopulling Thu 23-Oct-08 14:06:31

yes, that is a good idea. i had rejected it cos i wasn't sure i could match exact shade of pink marshmallow and icing - but that is me being obsessive. i think i might do this if i can get my act together... also saves cutting cake....

thank you!

Weegle Thu 23-Oct-08 19:09:12

v easy cake to make farm theme is a tractor:

make double your usual amount of cake mixture and make 2 loaf tins of cake. Cut one in half place on top of other at one end (that'll be the cab), then out of the rest cut 2 large circles and 2 small circles (wheels). Stick together with butter icing and cover with butter icing. Then use moulding icing to make windows. The take a trailer from your child's toys, fill with toy farm animals and attach to the back.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: