Talk

Advanced search

Halloween games ideas for 60+ kids age range 3 to 8 budget next to nothing

(14 Posts)
Flier Thu 23-Oct-08 09:58:12

Please post any ideas for halloween games on limited funds, we are running a halloween party to raise funds for a local playpark.
thanks

FimboGotAxed Thu 23-Oct-08 10:10:50

Bobbing for apples? Try to get local companies to donate the apples.

Eating Pancakes covered in syrup strung with hands behind your backs. Vaguely remember this one from childhood, the pancakes were strung up above your head.

Bramshott Thu 23-Oct-08 10:12:32

Face painting?

Guess the gruesome thing that's hiding in the bran tub?

Crafts - make a bat on a string or a pumpkin mask?

GillianLovesMarmite Thu 23-Oct-08 10:15:04

I always liked the feely boxes... Cardboard boxes painted black with a hole in the front with plastic covering so you can get a hand through the hole but not see what's inside.
Then you get creative with the contents for Halloween. Each box should have something different inside to feel eg Brains (cold spaghetti), Eyeballs (hard boiled eggs) etc and people have to guess what it is or just be grossed out by it!
Also did donuts on strings, apple bobbing.

Flier Thu 23-Oct-08 10:25:11

thanks, its just with the qty of kids expected, not sure that bobbing for apples/panckaes on a string would really be good.
The cardboard boxes may be do-able, though.

thanks
any more?

GillianLovesMarmite Thu 23-Oct-08 10:39:58

Spooky pass the parcel with plastic bugs etc under each layer...

Could you incorprate watching an age appropriate halloween movie?

What about asking someone from your local bat conservation trust if they can bring a bat... not a party game but interesting...

Salleroo Thu 23-Oct-08 10:56:36

We used to play all these when we were small.

Dunking for apples in a basin.

Thread and apple and stick money into it. Hang it from the ceiling and each child gets to have their hands tied behind their back and try to get the money out.

A big pile of flour with a grape on top, they get to cut away some of the pile and the first to knock the grape gets their head dunked in the flour.

FCH Thu 23-Oct-08 10:59:58

As a variation on the box thing, we used to have a box lined with foil with a hole in the top corner, filled with horrible gloopy flour and water paste, dyed green, as a kind of lucky dip, with little (thoroughly cling film wrapped) parcels of sweets etc in them...

Flier Thu 23-Oct-08 11:48:21

some of these sound great, I liked the idea of getting someone to come along with a bat, but too late to organise, I think sad
I think we'll def do something with a gloopy mess, and the boxes with spaghetti etc in.

Dooking for apples, for so many kids is, I think too expensive and too time consuming (we only have an 1.5 hours).

thanks everyone

stroppyknickers Thu 23-Oct-08 11:52:55

wink murder in teams?
gruesome chinese whispers?
that game where you run from one side to another and someone in the middle 'gets' you so you freeze?

Flier Thu 23-Oct-08 12:04:45

how does wink murder work again?

stroppyknickers Thu 23-Oct-08 12:43:17

You know, soemone goes out the room, you decide who the murderer is, all in a circle, first person comes back, stands in the middle and the murderer winks at people who 'die'. first person has to guess who the murderer is.

haggisaggis Thu 23-Oct-08 13:02:36

I think with 60 kids you need to spit them into groups anyway - and then rotate them round several activities. So you could do dooking for apples / treacle scones etc that way.
Personally I don't think you can HAVE a Halloween party with dooking for apples - but I'm Scots!

Flier Thu 23-Oct-08 17:54:02

Haggis - did you mean without dooking for apples? I'm scots too, but in this case the cost of apples will be prohbitive sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now