Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do i do? playschool has given me a list with 20 names on it, dd wants them all to come to her party but i just dont have the space for all those kids.

(7 Posts)
lollyheart Mon 20-Oct-08 21:15:47

How do i pick who comes and who does not?

harpomarx Mon 20-Oct-08 21:17:27

ask her keyworker which ones she plays with most. And obviously you invite any who have invited dd to their party.

Dottoressa Mon 20-Oct-08 21:19:26

How old is your DD? Is she old enough to have an opinion about this?

For her birthday in June, my DD was desperate for a party, and wanted to invite everyone she'd ever spoken to (including an old lady in the supermarket who gave her a toffee). I told her she could invite the four girls she liked best, and we stuck with that. That is what we shall be doing for ever! The whole party thing is crazy imo.

If you don't know who she particularly gets on with, ask the playschool staff.

Dottoressa Mon 20-Oct-08 21:21:24

I wouldn't invite any who have invited your DD to their parties - I'd be a bit more discerning. Some people invite everyone, whether or not their child actually likes or plays with your child (I have always turned down such invitations on my DCs' behalves!) In many cases, you will anyway not have any dealings with these children once yours start school, so it really doesn't matter!

lollyheart Mon 20-Oct-08 21:33:20

It will be her 4th birthdaygrin

I think i will just have to tell her to choose 5 friends and stick with it.

I know this sounds really silly but one of her friends at playschool who she talks about all the time has just had a party and dd was not invited, i felt really sorry for her because some of her other friends were invited and talked about the party. i suppose i dont want to leave any of them outblush

I have just recently had a baby so maybe im still hormoneal sp?blush

harpomarx Mon 20-Oct-08 21:38:04

Not silly at all, lolly - I hate leaving kids out too. I would chat with the playworker and try to get the list as small as possible without leaving anyone obvious out.

Dottoressa Mon 20-Oct-08 21:39:40

My DD was four on the birthday I mentioned!

I would stick with the five friends. What matters is that your DD has a nice party surrounded by people whom she really likes. My DD loved her party - as she's a summer baby, we played pass the parcel on the lawn, and I bought a paper Disney Princess tablecloth and paper plates and a cake from M&S. DD didn't get tired and emotional or overwhelmed by people and presents. It was lovely! I shall do the same again next year. Happy b'day to your DD!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now