Talk

Advanced search

C'mon MN party animals - help a cocktail virgin out here please!!

(14 Posts)
SalVolatile Tue 07-Oct-08 19:32:36

DH and I are having a drinks party at Christmas for about 100 guests and for various reasons we really need it to go well! I am trying to decide on drinks - I want it to be more interesting than champagne (and cheaper wink, more original than mulled wine, and np red wine on the carpets! Soooooo, what do you all think of this so far -

Bellinis (fizz and peach nectar)
Black Russians (vodka, kalua and coke)
Alabama Slammers (vodka, Southern Comfort sloe gin and orange juice)
white wine
soft drinks

Is that too complicated and can cocktails be made up into jugs so guests can be topped up? Do you have any better suggestions - I would love to hear any ideas grin

SalVolatile Tue 07-Oct-08 20:12:10

Bump?

MeAndMyMonkey Tue 07-Oct-08 20:29:38

As an alternative to plain champagne, what about:
Champagne cocktails? (sugar cube, angostura bitters, champagne and brandy)
Caipirinhas (yum) - cachaca (sp - a Brazilian rum), sugar syrup and lime - are scrummy
Jugs of margarita? (tequila, triple sec, lime)

Can I come? wink

SalVolatile Tue 07-Oct-08 20:54:35

Do margeritas work well in jugs? Thant would be fantastic as I need the cocktails to be in jugs to work, I think! This IS really important to me blush so thankyou meandmymonkey and any other suggestions?

MeAndMyMonkey Tue 07-Oct-08 21:17:36

No probs!
yes, margaritas (sp?) are fantastic in jugs.. loads of lime juice, obv, and sugar syrup (gomme).
I just love cocktails! No pina colada unless you're doing a Wham-style 80's party though (now there's an idea...grin)

bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 12-Oct-08 22:46:06

Yes yes yes Jugs would go down well.

Sex on the beach was one of my faves for a while that works well in a jug smile

AbricotsSecs Sun 12-Oct-08 22:50:36

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Sun 12-Oct-08 22:51:34

Message withdrawn

lilolilmanchester Sun 12-Oct-08 22:58:12

also in need of cocktail recipes... re bellinis. where can you buy peach nectar? Or can I just blitz a tin of peaches?? (for winter party so fresh peaches prob not worth it)

Carmenere Sun 12-Oct-08 22:59:34

Lidl do a nice peach nectar and a perfectly decent Prosecco

lilolilmanchester Sun 12-Oct-08 23:14:32

thanks carmenere

SalVolatile Mon 13-Oct-08 19:42:27

I told you I was a saaaaad party virgin grin - what goes into a seabreeze, then?

AbricotsSecs Fri 17-Oct-08 18:27:09

Message withdrawn

JodieO Fri 17-Oct-08 18:29:12

Black russians I made had vodka, tia maria and coke. Sex on a beach is nice, Vodka, peach schnapps and orange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now