Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what did you walk down to the aisle to?

(105 Posts)
MerlinsBeard Mon 06-Oct-08 17:18:32

I have a few ideas for a walkng down the aisle song/piece of music but i don't want to make a twat of myself by picking something really daft! (and secretly want to steal ideas for other parts of the ceremony!!)

What did you walk down the aisle to in your non-religious wedding?

RubyRioja Mon 06-Oct-08 17:19:24

sorry church wedding, but arrival of teh Queen of Sheba - so not delusions of grandeur here wink

mummyplonk Mon 06-Oct-08 17:21:33

Eva Cassidy songbird in the end - wanted The Verve, Unfinished Symphony but got overriden,

FioFio Mon 06-Oct-08 17:22:23

Message withdrawn

MerlinsBeard Mon 06-Oct-08 17:24:20

ooooh a garden

although its end of november so VERY chilly and nearest garden is about 1 mile away!!

MaryBS Mon 06-Oct-08 17:24:21

Another church wedding, but like Ruby, it was the arrival of the Queen of Sheba. No way did I want "here comes the bride, 40 inches wide"

MerlinsBeard Mon 06-Oct-08 17:24:50

nooo not here comes the bride!

Tortington Mon 06-Oct-08 17:26:04

i had the trditional one everyone has - apart from on here becuase you are sooooooooindividual wink

mummyplonk Mon 06-Oct-08 17:26:38

(mumofmonsters) worth having a listen to all of the Love Actually album for a wide selection of modern classical music.

TillyScoutsmum Mon 06-Oct-08 17:26:55

Hi MoM

I'm walking in to an instrumental of Hoppipolla

I also did Queen of Sheeba for 1st wedding

What sort of things are you thinking of ?

FioFio Mon 06-Oct-08 17:27:01

Message withdrawn

Marina Mon 06-Oct-08 17:27:22

Also church wedding, had Crown Imperial by William Walton

RubyRioja Mon 06-Oct-08 17:27:24

I would have loved

Robin Hood, Robin Hood Riding through the Glen
Robin Hood, Robin Hood with his band of men

in prference to Everything I do, I do for you.

An urban myth I would have loved to be real

mehgalegs Mon 06-Oct-08 17:27:49

Oh no, I can't remember and it was only nearly 5 years ago sad. Wanted Queen of Sheba but dad couldn't walk that fast.

Had Jesu Joy of Mans' desiring when we signed the marriage certificate and Charpentier te Deum on the way out.

stayinbed Mon 06-Oct-08 17:28:19

i walked to bach aria in a minor
my dh to elgar's salut d'amour
was great

Lauriefairycake Mon 06-Oct-08 17:28:25

I had a soprano sing Ava Maria

dead posh me wink

(twas only £100)

kerryk Mon 06-Oct-08 17:29:09

elvis costello-she

dh did it at the last minute without me having a clue.

Marina Mon 06-Oct-08 17:31:03

Mehgalegs, we had a top Cathedral organist in semi-retirement at our church at the time so we had the Widor Toccata to walk out to and he nearly blew the roof off
I love the Charpentier
So come on then MoM, what do you want? romantic, funny, wacky?
My favourite romantic songs are mostly in waltz time which is not that convenient: Take this Waltz by Leonard Cohen and A Man is in Love by the Waterboys

mehgalegs Mon 06-Oct-08 17:32:06

Have remembered - Purcell Trumpet Tune.

Ahh, I want to get married again (to DH of course)

MerlinsBeard Mon 06-Oct-08 17:32:31

mummyplonk, i don't really want a classical piece (unless i find a lovely one lol)

am not keen on queen of sheba but am sure dp could rearrange it

can i have an actual song? have not been much guidance from venue, i choose a song and registrar has the final say 7 days before the weddingshock

Marina Mon 06-Oct-08 17:33:56

If it is a civil wedding then you get to choose any music you want, although the venue might get huffy if you want The Dead Kennedys or The Jesus and Mary Chain blaring out over their sunkissed terrace etc

TillyScoutsmum Mon 06-Oct-08 17:34:47

you can have pretty much anything you want (providing its not religious in any way)....

MerlinsBeard Mon 06-Oct-08 17:35:44

our walking out of the ceremony music is going to be tiny dancer elton john (but the dave grohl version)

the lyrics are appropriate (i was a dancer when i met dp and i was tiny too!)

i don't know WHAT i want! something nice lol! poss the same as our first dance tune which we still have chosen!

PeaMcLean Mon 06-Oct-08 17:35:50

I got married to Frank Sinatra.

My Funny Valentine.

LazyLinePainterJane Mon 06-Oct-08 17:37:00

I walked down the aisle to Sigur Ros. I think this might be the first and only time I will not have been the only person here to do so shock!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now