Talk

Advanced search

Wedding celebration venue needed in W Sussex

(8 Posts)
tyres Mon 06-Oct-08 10:36:13

Right - we are planning to get married soon. Want minimal fuss for the actual wedding - prob a quick trip down the registry office one day and a lunch somewhere. To satisfy the baying hordes of friends wanting a 'big party' we are thinking of having some sort of celebration at a later date. Our ideal would be a venue in the countryside we could rent for the weekend, ie with accommodation for several families, plus a substantial room to have a party in. It need not be poncey, we would arrange our own catering/music/drink etc, and it would need to be as relaxed as possible.

Plus it needs to be somewhere preferably in West Sussex as I don't want to schlep too far.

Any ideas ?

CountessDracula Mon 06-Oct-08 11:01:38

how about this?

CountessDracula Mon 06-Oct-08 11:02:48

its own website

CountessDracula Mon 06-Oct-08 11:04:15

this?

chocolatemummy Mon 06-Oct-08 11:06:24

I got married at Avisford Park, Hilton in Arundel.
Okay its a hotel and its a Hilton, BUT it was suprisingly reaonable, literlaly £000's less than some of the other places we looked at. Had a good choice of rooms to use and the loctaion ...you can't beat it, set in its own deer park and a beautiful old building, people can stay there, drink there eat there and you can all wake up and have breakfast together

tyres Mon 06-Oct-08 11:19:33

nice (and thanks) - I like the Stone Court one...

keep 'em coming !

www.lodgehill.org.uk/index.htm Admitedly it is mainly used for scout/guide/school training and is sooooo not posh but it could be worth a thought. Not sure on price

KittyCat8 Tue 21-Oct-08 11:48:09

South Lodge Hotel near Horsham is just divine if you're looking for somethinng a bit more posh, alternatively the Mannings Heath Hotel has a fantastic room for a party... plus they're really well priced!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now