Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find nice cake decorations for my dd's 1st birthday cake?

(9 Posts)
Frankensteinshughjarsssss Mon 06-Oct-08 10:20:43

I've had a look locally but cant seem to find any nice ones.

Does anyone know any dood online sites?

stealthsquiggle Mon 06-Oct-08 10:27:16

Sorry - I just checked a coupel of places but they don't do much 'ready made' stuff.

What are you after?

If you are going to Swindon again then there is a great cake shop I can recommend there who do both raw materials and things they have made that you can buy....

Frankensteinshughjarsssss Mon 06-Oct-08 10:32:18

We're off to Swindon on Saturday stealth so I'd love to know about that shop.

I'm a complete beginner as far as cake baking goes. I feel adventurous just making a sponge let alone the decorations grin

SammyK Mon 06-Oct-08 10:40:10

What kind of thing are you looking for?

We couldn't afford a character type cake for ds this year so put his favourite object (a little wall-e) on his chocolatey cake and he was made up.

stealthsquiggle Mon 06-Oct-08 10:43:48

Hugh - this is them:

SUGAR CELEBRATIONS LTD
37, Faringdon Rd,
Swindon,
Wiltshire
SN1 5AR

Tel: 01793 522313

It's not very hard to find but the secret is to go round the back of the shop (pass front of shop, turn left and immediately left) to park. They are friendly and helpful IME.

Alternatively, search for 'cake topper' on ebay and you will find loads...

Frankensteinshughjarsssss Mon 06-Oct-08 10:54:01

Fab! Thanks Stealth smile

Not sure what I'm after Sammy, I'm thinking I'll know it when I see it! DD hasnt really got a fav. object otherwise that would have been a great idea

TheRedQueen Mon 06-Oct-08 11:17:30

Frankenstein:

I'm not brilliant at cakes either but I made a teddy bear for my daughter's 1st birthday as follows.

I made one 8" round chocolate-flavour sponge cake and two cup cakes. I dusted them over with cocoa powder to give them the appearance of "fur" and then put them on a foil-covered tray with the 8" round for the face and the cup cakes for the ears. I used smarties to mark out the facial features gave him a bow made out of ribbon and fixed in place with a pin.

It looked a treat and she loved it.

TheRedQueen Mon 06-Oct-08 11:18:24

Sorry, that should read "AND gave him a bow ..."

Frankensteinshughjarsssss Mon 06-Oct-08 11:23:45

That sounds like a great idea and quite easy for me to do, thanks RedQueen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now