Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My friends 50th birthday! Calling all 50 year olds for help!

(4 Posts)
feedmenow Thu 25-Sep-08 19:30:39

I have a lovely friend who is soon to turn 50, and I want to do something special for her.

We have been joking all year about all the people and places who are also 50 this year so I decided to make a collage, a street scene, of them all. Having patiently trawled the internet for all on my list, downloaded and reduced all the pictures, I have just printed them off only to discover that the quality is so poor that you can't see who is who!

Dp has just suggested a compilation CD of songs from when she was born but she wouldn't actually know them, would she?

So then I thought, what if I ask on Mumsnet for songs that any 50 year olds here remember from their youth? Songs that they remember from their formative years? Songs that are likely to remind my friend of her first crush, her first boyfriend, first kiss, leaving school, going to parties, stuff like that.

So tell me, if you are 50 what songs mean something to you?

Thank you for helping and anyone with any other/better ideas of what i can do please tell!

feedmenow Fri 26-Sep-08 11:19:55

Bump!

twinksprite Wed 08-Oct-08 16:25:31

bumping for you as my sister is 50 soon and am looking for ideas

BigTeuchLittleTeuch Thu 09-Oct-08 14:49:31

sorry, can't help with the music but I loved this idea that a friend did for a 40th.

Gets trickier with the older birthdays though!

50 balloons, each tied with a ribbon and a small tag with either:

- photo from former years
- message/memory from loved one or friends
- random year & fact i.e. 1973; The Discovery of Cider!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now