Talk

Advanced search

NCT Tea Party - what happens?

(3 Posts)
p1umpudding Wed 24-Sep-08 21:29:39

I have a three month old DD and now that she no longer cries at people, I've decided to go along to my first tea party, but I am a little nervous as I assume that everyone wil know each other and I'll feel a bit left out.

Can anyone tell me what happens? How many people will be there? Should I take cake/ biscuits? Do I phone in advance and say that I'm coming?

SqueakyPop Wed 24-Sep-08 21:34:43

They may know each other, but they should also be very welcoming.

You don't need to take anything.

Do phone in advance to say you are coming - plans often change after the publication date of the newsletter.

islandofsodor Thu 25-Sep-08 22:13:20

The Tea Partys are usuaLLY SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT AS THEY ARE A ONCE A YEAR EVENT. sOME BRANCHES JUST MAKE A NORMAL COFFEE MORNING A BIT SPECIAL AND TAKE CAKES/RUN A RAFFLE OR WHATEVER. sOME BRANCHES HAVE A BIG FUN DAY AND SOME do something in between, maybe hire a room in a village hall and have some activity.

Normal coffee mornings which happen each week are often in someone's house and are just a nice way to get out and meet other mums.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now