Talk

Advanced search

Any Stockport/Manchester MNers want to think of a venue for my mum's 65th birthday party please?

(13 Posts)
fryalot Tue 23-Sep-08 18:40:07

It needs to have good transport links to the rest of the country, as people will be coming from Essex, Yorkshire, Salford, Wales.

It needs to have overnight rooms for at least 10 people.

Mum wants a buffet and a party so it needs to be able to cater for about 50 people with dancing.

It's been a while since I lived over that way so am a bit lost. Somewhere Cheadle/Bramhall ish may be nice.

It needs to be not ridiculously expensive, but not cheap cheap (iykwim)

Dp wants computer for a bit, so I won't be around for a while but I'll check back later on.

(oh, and thank you grin)

fryalot Tue 23-Sep-08 19:37:09

anyone around with any recommendations?

themildmannneredjanitor Tue 23-Sep-08 22:51:17

howabout the village hotel in cheadle?

will try and do link

fryalot Tue 23-Sep-08 22:52:46

is that still there?

<<ponders>>

It used to be nice. I presume it still is...

(the village at cheadle was built on the site of where my school was, before they moved my school to its new site. Then they knocked it down after I left wink)

fryalot Tue 23-Sep-08 22:54:03

(and thank you, thank you, thank you for replying grin)

themildmannneredjanitor Tue 23-Sep-08 22:54:37

here you go

looks nice.

themildmannneredjanitor Tue 23-Sep-08 22:55:27

party bit

fryalot Tue 23-Sep-08 23:01:30

looks lovely, TMMJ.

Thank you

I shall ponder...

WilfSell Tue 23-Sep-08 23:10:42

Thinking...

<though long time - 4 years - since I lived in the Mothercity so apologies is VV out of date...>

Venues I have been to ever in my lifetime of being Manc grin

Chorlton Irish Club
Upstairs at the Southern Hotel, Nell Lane, Chorlton
The Co-op Dance Hall, upstairs, Platt Lane (opposite hallowed training ground and Not Very Far from Maine Road)
That Hotel next to the M56 in Hale near the airport (fuck me if I know what it's called because I am senile)
Various cricket,rugby and tennis clubs (Chorlton, Sale, Didsbury, Heatons in particular)
Wythenshawe Hall, though a major wedding venue so probably ££££

will keep thinking. The perfect place will come to me at 4 in the morning and then I will have forgotten by next day...

fryalot Tue 23-Sep-08 23:13:30

oh she would LOVE the co-op dance hall opposite the hallowed Maine Road grin

I will google it tomorrow when my eyes will stay open wink

PeaMcLean Tue 23-Sep-08 23:20:36

LOL at "the co-op dance hall opposite Maine Road" Sounds like the stuff of legends. My gran used to live just round the corner smile

R2G Thu 25-Sep-08 11:42:55

Hi Not really room help but I do personalised chocolate bars for £1 a bar and have a champ-agne glass design that gcan be personalised with your gran's name/photo/ and a message saying congratulations.

lilolilmanchester Thu 25-Sep-08 12:02:14

Lancashire County Cricket club? (Old Trafford)Right next to Metro, has the Lodge for accommodation, catering has been great at events I've been to there and they've lots of different sized function rooms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now