Talk

Advanced search

Help me - present for 5 yr old girl - what are they into?

(14 Posts)
pickupthismess Thu 18-Sep-08 20:11:34

I have three boys and we have been invited to attend a 5 year old girl's party this weekend - what the heck do little girls of this age like? She is very feminine without being girly girly.

Mums of girls - help!

swampster Thu 18-Sep-08 20:30:22

In much the same situation so...

bump!

mazzystar Thu 18-Sep-08 20:31:25

crafty stuff?

swampster Fri 19-Sep-08 16:35:19

You are not wrong mazzystar. Just bumped into the mother of my 5-year-old girl so I asked her what would go down well and she said exactly that!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo not crafty stuff! It's all they get and it's torturous finding glitter all over the house for the next 3 yrs. Monsoon have great glittery hair bands, purses etc, those go down well.

swampster Fri 19-Sep-08 16:48:00

Aaaaaahhhhhh Monsoooooooon! But I LOVE glitter - and so do my boys.

pickupthismess Fri 19-Sep-08 17:18:35

Yes Monsoon sounds a good idea. Are any dolls or similar all the rage at the mo?

VaginaShmergina Fri 19-Sep-08 17:26:35

Pretty things. Pony tails and slides, pencils with fluffy things on the top.

bobsyouruncle Fri 19-Sep-08 17:27:04

anything high school musical. sad but true.

clayre Fri 19-Sep-08 17:28:31

i'm with bobsyouruncle, anything with troy's face on is a hit.

Oh yes. High school feckin musical. If I put it on for dd she wanders off about half an hour in but she still gets really excited when she sees HSM stuff in the shops hmm

pickupthismess Fri 19-Sep-08 20:29:27

Ok, so tell me about Troy. I have never seen HSM. Are 5 years olds really interested in boys shock

KristinaM Fri 19-Sep-08 20:36:53

i have an 8yo girl who hates HSM , hannah montana etc.but most of her friends do. she likes crafty stuff that she can do without a parent eg not complicated pottery painting

also hair clips bobbles etc. but would not pay monsoon prices - just as good in primark, they lose it anyway

she still likes baby dolls

most of her friends liked barbie and bratz when they were 5

what about PJs or a pretty t shirt?

BTW who is troy?

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 20:37:55

my little pony.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now