Talk

Advanced search

xmas chat

(10 Posts)
elmoandella Wed 17-Sep-08 20:49:23

am i the only nut who has started xmas shopping as soon as the stuff hit the shelves this week.

i just absolutely hate going anywhere near the crowds in december with 2 dc under 3 years old.

i like to have it all done in dusted for gifts by november. and get the xmas outfits at end of november and start of december for the parties. then in december all our spare cash is solely for enjoying ourselves and having a big slap up meal.

all welcome to share your purchases if you also do this..

so far i have a gift set from boots for my friend (some bunny loves you one)

thomas game for friends dc.
a toy thing thats a kind of calculator for friends other dc

and lego for my nephew. i'm really impressed with it, as there goodies and baddies in it and the ships and planes have missiles. lego wasn't this good in my day.

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 17-Sep-08 20:58:25

No, you're not the only one to have started Christmas shopping.

You're also not the only one to have started a thread asking if you're the only one.

I don't think that the Christmas topic has been activated yet. There's a reason for that.

elmoandella Wed 17-Sep-08 21:07:45

lol, glad to know.

i think of myself as organised. others amy have different word to describe it.

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 17-Sep-08 21:08:52

wink

If you get all yours done, then you can do mine for me if you like. I have around 30 children to buy for every Christmas, and it gets harder as they get older.

elmoandella Wed 17-Sep-08 21:09:59

gift vouchers for hmv. lol

they can buy whatever shit from games to dvds to music to board games they fancy!!

wuzzlefraggle Wed 24-Sep-08 13:45:55

elmo, you aint alone!!

I've started and am waiting for an order I put through with 24Studio to arrive lol. Went nuts with the wrap! From now till Xmas I am spreading the cost lol

Like you, I am too thinking of myself as just super organised...you watch - we shall make all the last-minuters greeeeeen with envy - like this -->envy

grin

R2G Thu 25-Sep-08 11:41:29

Hi I can do personalised chocolate bars and have several Christmas designs. Can say 'Dear DC...Love Santa' etc
They are £1 a bar

Katiekins83 Thu 25-Sep-08 12:34:31

hi all! im so glad to have found this tread...all my friend think im mad. i haver all my xmas gifts in for family by april, then all Ds's gifts by the end of first week in nov...makes life much easier just to have to go and pick outfits! also put my decorations up on dec 1st! so have been buying them sisnce they came in stock last week!
I love christmas!
am currently in the process of making over 100 cards for xmas with Ds as hes only 23 months! and he loves it...esp the glitter!

Elkat Thu 25-Sep-08 20:54:26

I've been buying too... But then I have got both DDs birthdays before Christmas, and DHs immediately after, so its either buy early or be bankrupted for me!

I actually started in January blush but I do usually have a mental list of what the girls are into, and usually only buy it if it is at least 50% off. When I see things, I just pick them up. Got a couple of games today for £1 each. Reduced from £4, but they will be cheap stockingfillers for the girls and as they're activity books and the like, I know they will be used!

elmoandella Sat 27-Sep-08 14:19:44

and i find if someone is after something which is at a premium over xmas run up. like electrical goods/games consoles. then i make a deal with them. that i shall get it after xmas in the sales, or give them vouchers and make them get it themselves in the sales. i hate the way they hike up the prices of stuff in december and you have no choice but to pay up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now