Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Invites went out 8 days ago, so when ...

(10 Posts)
lljkk Wed 17-Sep-08 11:37:37

do I start nagging parents about whether their child is coming or not? Have had 2 spontaneous replies, 2 replies after I asked, and 6 more to go. For every 'NO' reply I want to invite another child instead... need enough notice in that case. Party is in 10 days time.

When can I chase up non-replies without seeming pushy?

Fimbo Wed 17-Sep-08 11:40:43

Did you put an RSVP by... on the invitation? I would chase the parents if not.

I personally don't like the idea of inviting someone else if an invite is declined. It can be so obvious a child wasn't first choice iyswim. But it's my opinion only, you do what you want.

MamaG Wed 17-Sep-08 11:41:24

Ah the eternal question.

It is ALWAYS a PITA getting replies to party invitations, a lot don't bother and you don't know whether they will turn up or not. Don't worry about seeming pushy, just nicely ask in passing "oh, is tommy coming to the party?" if possible.

MamaG Wed 17-Sep-08 11:42:14

Yes I thought that too Fimbo. If my DD got an invitatino to a party after I knew (or suspected) the "first draft" had gone out, I wouldn't let her go! [selfish]

Rubyrubyruby Wed 17-Sep-08 11:44:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fimbo Wed 17-Sep-08 11:45:13

Yes, children always talk about parties in the playground, it can be rather upsetting for the uninvited child, then the parent can feel annoyed because they realise the eventual invite is a "back hander".

Mind you parties are a minefield.

Thankfully dd is of an age where they have tailed off. Going through it all again though with ds.

Fimbo Wed 17-Sep-08 11:46:02

OMG reserve lists? No it's all wrong I tell you {wink]

Fimbo Wed 17-Sep-08 11:46:30

wink even

Flier Wed 17-Sep-08 17:06:23

I'd chase them up just now, tell them you need to know numbers for food, party games etc etc.

lljkk Wed 17-Sep-08 18:56:35

Oh thanks for replies.
RSVP wasn't by any partic date, should do that 4 next time, tho', good ideer.

I dunno bout reserve list offense. DC don't talk about parties enough for me to have any but fuzziest idea who didn't invite them
(as opposed to who didn't have a party at all).

I wouldn't be offended if my DC were B-list invitees, still better than not being invited at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now