Talk

Advanced search

Help with games for 7 yr old's party

(6 Posts)
kbubbles Tue 16-Sep-08 10:35:56

Hi, I hope you can help me. My son's 7th birthday party is on Sunday and we have booked a "football party" at the local sports centre. There will be 1 hour of structured football activities and mini matches (organised by the sports coaches) and then we have booked a party room for 1 hour afterwards. In the party room, I will give them a buffet party tea (sandwiches, crisps, cake etc) and then plan to do a few games. In total there will be 15 6-7 year olds (mainly 6 year olds and mainly boys).

Basically, I would like to have the 1 hour in the party room as planned as possible as I am so nervous of what will happen with that number of boys left to their own devices!

So, my questions are:
How long do you think the tea will take?

What games would be good to do and how many games should I plan for?

I have already thought of doing the chocolate game (the one where you throw a 6, put on the hat,scarf and gloves and start to eat the chocolate until someone else throws a 6).

Thanks in advance.

frankie3 Tue 16-Sep-08 18:30:38

I had a similar gap of time at my ds bowling party and I did a quiz. I had a list of questions about their school, television, films, books, general knowledge and had a lucky dip bag when they answered correctly. They loved it and all sat still and really got into it.

MaureenMLove Tue 16-Sep-08 18:43:52

Food will take no longer than 30mins, including singing & candle blowing, ime.

Like the quiz idea. You could even make it multiple choice answers, where they have to run to the letter A, B or C. That'll keep them interested and doing what boys do best!

elliott Tue 16-Sep-08 18:57:49

What sort of questions would work for 7 year old boys? I feel they inhabit a rather different world from me...

kbubbles Wed 17-Sep-08 09:38:18

I like the quiz idea. Now I just need to get inside the mind of a 7 year old to think of some questions - scary prospect!

MaureenMLove Wed 17-Sep-08 22:52:42

Sorry, I wandered off last night and forgot to post this link for you!Try here for some ideas. Its a U.S. site, but there's plenty to help compile some questions. (Great fun for yourself too!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now