Talk

Advanced search

Why do some people give out invites 2 days before the party?

(19 Posts)
Ripeberry Thu 11-Sep-08 17:45:29

And NO it was not forgotten, it was actually handed out today and the party is on Saturday!
Do they do this to make sure they have asked you (to be polite), but also to make sure you don't turn up because you might hopefully have something else planned?
Makes me so angry
Anyway, DD does not want to go as it's a rough sounding Viking party lol!

TheFallenMadonna Thu 11-Sep-08 17:48:01

Because they are disorganised/have forgotten the birthday is coming up so soon probably.

pagwatch Thu 11-Sep-08 17:53:31

are you sure that your DD wasn't on the subs bench.....
grin

TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 11-Sep-08 17:59:33

It never bothers me as we rarely have plans on the weekend anyway.

catweazle Thu 11-Sep-08 18:04:35

Probably so invitees don't have time to forget.

Ripeberry Thu 11-Sep-08 20:03:12

Well the birthday girl will be 8yrs old and my DD is only 6yrs old, so maybe she was on the subs bench hmm
They also might not have time to forget about the party but they'll get rubbish last minute presents grin

Fimbo Thu 11-Sep-08 20:09:27

I was given a verbal invite to a party for my ds, I finally received the invitation this week to discover its actually a joint party between 2 girls in ds's class. He knows both girls well, so I had to go to town today, to buy another gift.

It's at a soft play place - miles and miles away. I so want to come up with an excuse not to go. Ds wouldn't be that bothered about missing it tbh, but I would feel bad as they probably have to pay per head regardless of who turns up.

daftpunk Thu 11-Sep-08 20:11:42

you were probably on their "b" list and alot of the "a" list couldn't make it.

noonki Thu 11-Sep-08 20:13:01

she probably thought your DD was too precious to want to be a viking

don't be so uptight come on at least she was invited

Ripeberry Fri 12-Sep-08 11:41:26

Well, i wanted to go to it! Sounds like fun.
But my DD just does not want to go and i don't really want to drag her to a party.
Don't assume that she's precious! Noonki hmm

Ripeberry Fri 12-Sep-08 11:43:18

Really wanted be one of the "Bog tribe!" grin

ConstanceWearing Fri 12-Sep-08 11:43:54

Probably as disorganised as me blush

pagwatch Fri 12-Sep-08 11:45:42

Ripe
don't be sad about it. My Ds1 was on subs bench for a party one year. Got invited last minute after another boy pulled out.
It didn't bother me. They had to limit numbers somehow and DS1 didn't care. After all, as he cheerfully explained to the birthday boy " its great you've invited me. Sorry you're not coming to mine" blush

Party politics grin

Chocolateteapot Fri 12-Sep-08 11:48:07

Because it is a sodding nightmare having a child who has a birthday as soon as school starts. I managed mine on Sunday and thought I was doing very well actually ! (party in 30 mins)

pagwatch Fri 12-Sep-08 11:50:22

chocolate
DD is 3rd September and my problem was , having sent invites out two weeks before I didn't get replies from some until the day before.
Holiday birthdays are hmm

ConstanceWearing Fri 12-Sep-08 11:53:29

Totally agree, CTP. My DD's b-day is 7th Jan. Do I give out the invitations before Christmas, so everyone forgets, or two days before her party when they go back to school?

Good point.

daftpunk Fri 12-Sep-08 11:57:18

ikwym pagwatch..my ds is 26th december..organising his party is a nightmare, and hey..ripeberry..don't worry, i'm sure some of my kids have been on the "z" list for some parties..if they get an invite and we can make it..we still go..smile

Ripeberry Fri 12-Sep-08 12:02:56

I'm a big kid really. Maybe i should ask the organiser if i can come instead of my daughter!
She just cries everytime i mention it.
I think she's convinced they are going to pillage and riot!

pagwatch Fri 12-Sep-08 12:11:37

Ripe
just turn up in costume and go for it.
bet the organiser is too much of a coward to pull you back.
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now