Talk

Advanced search

What sort of party games can i do for a 2 year old?

(12 Posts)
MsSparkle Wed 10-Sep-08 21:36:47

I don't suppose alot but dd will be 2 next month and i am organising a small party for her with just 5 kids who are all just turning 2.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as what the children could do? smile

Overmydeadbody Wed 10-Sep-08 21:38:10

just let them play

bubbles are fun, as are baloons (but not blown up too big so they're a bit squishy and less likely to pop).

FabioBigBangBlackHole Wed 10-Sep-08 21:38:24

pass the parcel if you're feeling brave
mostly they'll want to run around and yell

notnowbernard Wed 10-Sep-08 21:38:57

No games! Honestly, not worth it

Blow up a load of balloons and get the toys and fairy cakes out smile

MsSparkle Wed 10-Sep-08 21:41:21

So just let them run around, maybe abit of music and party food?smile

notnowbernard Wed 10-Sep-08 21:41:32

Big Fat NO to pass-the-parcel!

Went to a 2y old party a while back with the dds. The host parents insisted on ptp. I basically was forced to put my shoddy parenting skills on display by dealing with a tantrum from dd2 (2) who refused to pass on the parcel blush Was entirely avoidable!

MinkyBorage Wed 10-Sep-08 21:42:00

no games, complete disaster smile

AbbaFan Wed 10-Sep-08 21:43:06

I have a really simple one, if you have some type of matching playing cards (like postman pat cards).

Stick some cards around the room, and give the matching card to the toddler and they have to go off and make a pair.

I think they will mostly just play like the others said, but it's nice to do a couple of little games to make it special.

mollymawk Wed 10-Sep-08 21:43:50

Agree no need for games - not even pass the parcel. None of them will play properly. They will be much happier exploring a whole load of someone else's toys and scoffing cake.

choufleur Wed 10-Sep-08 21:44:57

don't do pass the parcel. every child cried at a party i went to a while ago once they realised that there were presents inside the parcel and they couldn't open it and had to pass it on.

honestly i wouldn't bother with games - just let them get on with it

Heated Wed 10-Sep-08 21:45:13

Mine & their cousins spent most of the time getting cooed over, eating and throwing balls & balloons from their blow-up ball pit at their v indulgent & totally hammy uncle. No party games required smile

mollymawk Wed 10-Sep-08 21:45:28

Except as AbbaFan says, maybe some kind of treaure hunt. They could look for little boxes of Smarties or something. And then eat them obviously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now