Talk

Advanced search

Please help me make a decision about DD's birthday, involves wheelybugs.

(8 Posts)
used2bthin Wed 10-Sep-08 13:09:18

Should I a:Go halves (halfs?) on a wheelybug for her with my parents? She would love it but they are SO expensive and also its another large toy in our rather small flat, albeit a nice wooden toy.

b:Ask my mum to get her duplo and I'll get her the farm animal set I've been looking for.

c:Um I don't know, get her stuff she needs like swimming stuff and let others get her the exciting toys?

frazzledbutcalm Wed 10-Sep-08 14:01:40

How old is she? How much are they?

hockeypuck Wed 10-Sep-08 14:03:58

The Duplo and farm animal set will take up more space than a wheelybug. Wheelybugs are awesome. DS loves his. Plus it will have re-sale value when your DD finishes with it.

SquiffyHock Wed 10-Sep-08 14:19:39

DD loved her wheelybug but is getting a bit big for it. Duplo, on the other hand, will be used for years.
Is it worth looking on e-bay? I will sell mine eventually and it's in lovely condition so I'm sure you could buy one as good as new.

used2bthin Wed 10-Sep-08 16:52:24

The wheelybugs I saw on ebay were not much cheaper than in the shops but that could be that they were new. I have decided my brother can get her the duplo so thats that one solved. And she could have the farm animals as a post op present or at christmas. She is going to be two frazzledbutcalm. Good point about selling it on one day Squiffyhock hadn't thought of that. I think I'll order one. Anyone know anywhere that sells them cheap or that we get a discount from? Urchin?

used2bthin Wed 10-Sep-08 16:53:57

OOh just seen how cheap that one on your link was SH, I wonder if it will go up loads. I never ever win on ebay but could have a go before I rush into ordering one. I think I'll get the 2.5 to 5 years one so it should last a while?

Sazisi Wed 10-Sep-08 16:58:12

babydays direct do Wheelybugs for £40

used2bthin Wed 10-Sep-08 23:35:20

Oh that is a good deal Sazisi, is that the small or large ones? I'll have a look anyway thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now